• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Timing Dancing Blade?

OMalley

Smash Cadet
I can't for the life of me get the timing down for marth's side spec. is there some trick to it, or is it just practice until the timing is perfect. i will sometimes press the button in as perfect a rhythm as i can and i get varying results

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I can't for the life of me get the timing down for marth's side spec. is there some trick to it, or is it just practice until the timing is perfect. i will sometimes press the button in as perfect a rhythm as i can and i get varying results
Just gotta work on dat timing dood. It's probably about a half a second between button presses if that helps... Maybe a little less? Idk And don't forget the timing changes when you hit (damage and on shield have slightly delayed button presses compared to not hitting anything.)

Practice the timing on hitting nothing, then practice on a big dummy CPU, like Bowser or something to get the timing for damage and shield hits... and repeat for hitting 2 or more doods in one swing of the combo. The timing changes for each of these scenarios.

Also assuming that you know you can't mash the buttons based on what you said lol

210stuna

Smash Lord
The only maneuver I can't get 100% of the time is the double down b with it.

You know when he stabs the ground hoping to pop the enemy up and then following again with the multiple jabs in a row.

Spiking people with the that third move to the ground though <3

Vale

Smash Ace
The only maneuver I can't get 100% of the time is the double down b with it.

You know when he stabs the ground hoping to pop the enemy up and then following again with the multiple jabs in a row.

Spiking people with the that third move to the ground though <3

Third strike down is probably Marth's coolest move. dancing blade 3 --> fsmash is probably my favourite combo in the game, even though it barely ever works.

Top Bottom