• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

Happy birthday, ☆Jazz☆ ☆Jazz☆ ! I hope that you have a good one!

y'all be hittin trees while i'm here getting mistaken to be a 15 yr old when i'm freaking legally drunk
I don't drink at all, but I look young as well. Some of my professors in college ask me, "So? What year are you? Freshman? Sophomore?" They are always surprised whenever I tell them that I am a senior.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Ey that's a weird way to spell Yanmega
Correction! Yanmega WOULD be the best Bug Pokémon, IF Game Freak would do the right thing and finally give it the typing that it rightfully deserves! WHY THE HELL ISN'T IT A BUG / DRAGON TYPE YET YOU ********?!!!

*ahem* Sorry, I got a bit carried away.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
! The day I came into the world! I'm glad I did :).

I am really excited for today! Don't worry, I'll be sure to take pictures so I can share. There's a 1st time for everything, after all!
Happy birthday, @☆Jazz☆!
Thank Youuuu~

Now, my tacticians, there is pretty much one big thing I have to do to start this joyous day!

I have to get some Birthday sleep! I'll be ending up like this soon anyway

Good night Robin social! I'll be back later today, certainly so :)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
4hourslater...

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
So I've been looking for tournaments in my area for a while now and a friend of mine just now told one that's a reasonable distance away and takes place at a reasonable time. It's tomorrow at noon and I'm definitely going, so this is going to be my very first tournament.

Even though it's only a local I'm getting really nervous and excited already. Anyone have any tips for playing in a tournament, or is anyone willing to share anything they learned when they started out?

Even though I'll probably get bodied and lose my first set, I'm really eager to take my first step into the competitive smash scene.

Good look to Yoite Yoite at your own tournament!
Though I've never been nationals myself. I have been to locals. All I can say for advice is to not worry too much about losing it all and just get to know people's playstyles. I mean I don't lose much in locals because I don't think the smash scene in my locals is particularly amazing (yours might be though). Funny because they said Robin is a **** character to my face and that I should change my main. Then I bodied all of them (good times good times). Hopefully your locals aren't as bad as that though lmao. Just stay calm, and don't worry too much. Also sorry if this advice is too late I had to sleep early to be up now.

I'm off to my train station in about 10 minutes anyways.

http://www.twitch.tv/datteamlive

My tournament should be streamed here in case anyone wants to keep a tab open in case they might hear the name 'Yoite' ;O

I think I'm getting a shoutout anyways as I know one of the commentators there. Will be nice to at least get a shoutout for my first nationals. :)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Happy birthday Mr. Untaggable.

Have a nice day Jazz

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
14? Jeez.

You guys are making me feel like a wizened old sage over here at the decrepit age of 24.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
14? Jeez.

You guys are making me feel like a wizened old sage over here at the decrepit age of 24.
We say these things now, but sooner or later we'll all be in our 30s and remembering how Smash used to be before Sakurai threw in every character that ever existed in it.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
Wow Jazz, I didn't know you were 14. I too feel like an old 20 year old now v_v
Anyway happy birthday! I'm sorry I can't figure out how to tag you, I've been trying for the past 5 minutes :v

oh and despite the fact that im stuck in my house studying this weekend, at least i have 2 good UK/IRL tournaments to stream, namely BB2 and DBZ. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Correction! Yanmega WOULD be the best Bug Pokémon, IF Game Freak would do the right thing and finally give it the typing that it rightfully deserves! WHY THE HELL ISN'T IT A BUG / DRAGON TYPE YET YOU ********?!!!

*ahem* Sorry, I got a bit carried away.
I agree.. Maybe it should get a mega that does so.

Nah

Smash Champion
Remember when we all thought Matsu was like 21 but she's really 16?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Happy Birthday to you Jazz.

Don't party too hard.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Aha, so I CAN tag ☆Jazz☆ ☆Jazz☆ ! Do the impossible, tag the untaggable! Row! Row! Fight the powah!

Anyway, Happy Birthday, man! Here's a funny gif of Wintropy Wintropy and some toast being used to power our society with infinite energy.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I finally have done every single sidequest in Xenoblade (not X).(except for the ones that depend on affinity links for obvious reasons)
Now I just need to complete the collectopedia, view all the heart to hearts, explore all of the world, and fight all of the unique monsters, including the 5 super bosses.
Oh Boy.
Well the exploring the world part isn't so bad as I'm high enough leveled to defeat most of the enemies in the game and the heart to hearts aren't too bad because I have max affinity with all of my characters.
But it WILL be hard to hunt all of the unique monsters(because superbosses) and get all of the collectapedia items because of the Love Source and the only item that trades for it is dropped by all 5 superbosses.
This is going to be tough.
Oh and happy birthday ☆Jazz☆ ☆Jazz☆ !
Anyway, Happy Birthday, man! Here's a funny gif of Wintropy Wintropy and some toast being used to power our society with infinite energy.
I didn't know that they made gifs that last that long.
But after that one gif that Zantetsugun Zantetsugun posted, I definitely know that they made gifs that small.:joyful:

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato

Levin Dair is a good move, guys.

Levin Dair?

More like Dunkin' Donuts.

EDIT: At the Pokken's next Pokefighter my guess is Swampert, Latios/Latias, Flygon (pls), and Hydreigon.

...It's more than likely going to be Swampert idk why they are even making a hint teaser. We already have Blaziken and Sceptile...

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
You thought by adding those stars on your name you wouldn't be tagged ☆Jazz☆ ☆Jazz☆
GUESS AGAIN!

But happy birthday nonetheless!

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
TFW when your 14th birthday is tomorrow and hints of something big are happening in your household.

Haha, I can't wait till tomorrow
!
Despite it not being my birthday today, my aunt and sister decided to give me early birthday presents (cash), and I now have $110.00! (and some loose change I don't really care about. When I see donations of some cause, I just drop every single penny and nickel in the jars lol.).

I also heard the news of the three keychains you get for pre-ordering Fates at gamestop. I'm glad I pre-ordered Birthright when I did then! (Loving that box art.)

I'm also really (and I mean really really) glad that my birthday falls on the weekend. There's no fun of being buried under mountains of homework on a person's special day after all ;).

P.S, I've been waiting since ancient times (*cough5daysagocough*) to use this gif. I think it's a good time to use it now~
Happy Birthday to ya Jazz-chan. Hope you have a fantastic day!!!

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Yesterday I said I would say more. Yesterday is now today so have a happy birthday ☆Jazz☆ ☆Jazz☆ ! Have a good one.

You like (I think) Peach so have a little something from "Peach's Birthday Cake" from the classic Mario Party. Enjoy~

Fun Fact: Mario Party 1 was released 3 years before you ever existed. Another reminder of how young you are compared to some of the people here including myself.

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
Oh god me too
Psh, I've been playing games longer than YOU have existed.

14? Jeez.

Stand aside, Raziek. THE AURA keeps me feeling young despite my age of supposed-to-be-responsible 29.

In other news, THE AURA tells me you are having a fantastic birthday, ☆Jazz☆ ☆Jazz☆ , so I wont bother wishing you one!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Psh, I've been playing games longer than YOU have existed.

Stand aside, Raziek. THE AURA keeps me feeling young despite my age of supposed-to-be-responsible 29.

In other news, THE AURA tells me you are having a fantastic birthday, ☆Jazz☆ ☆Jazz☆ , so I wont bother wishing you one!
THE AURA!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
! The day I came into the world! I'm glad I did :).

I am really excited for today! Don't worry, I'll be sure to take pictures so I can share. There's a 1st time for everything, after all!

Thank Youuuu~

Now, my tacticians, there is pretty much one big thing I have to do to start this joyous day!

I have to get some Birthday sleep! I'll be ending up like this soon anyway

Good night Robin social! I'll be back later today, certainly so :)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
4hourslater...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAZZ!!! :4corrinf::4robinf::4zelda::4peach:

14? Jeez.

I hear ya on that. We've gotta be the responsible adults for this buncha young wippersnappers! *shakes cane menacingly*
I agree.. Maybe it should get a mega that does so.
I'd prefer if they just gave it a re-typing. Honestly, I think Mega Evolution is kinda overrated (at least as a gameplay mechanic).

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well I just beat chapter 27 in FE 7 and this time no one died.
I also got to finally promote Eliwood, but sadly I never got him to level 20 because he basically was too weak to defeat most of the enemies.
I also gave Nino a lot of exp. and recruited Vaida.
I also have a few questions.
What happens when Merlinus reaches level 20?
And should I consider using Vaida? Thanks in advance!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I hear ya on that. We've gotta be the responsible adults for this buncha young wippersnappers! *shakes cane menacingly*

I'd prefer if they just gave it a re-typing. Honestly, I think Mega Evolution is kinda overrated (at least as a gameplay mechanic).
That I isn't dying...right?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

There are some other pokemon I'd type retcon if i could

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
At first I didn't like mega-evolution but it's grown on me a bit. I really like mega mawile, metagross and ampharos. It's cool that they turned ampharos into a dragon type pokemon.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Where is this even from and why is she choking? O_o
It's from Sword Art Online and she's choking because she got surprised. ..Yeah.

Anyway, I'm discussing the Special Edition shortage problem with my friend and he absolutely abhors GameStop, so there's no way for him to get the preorder bonuses or anything.

I literally just convinced him to get one version of the game since he's actually clueless about the series and Conquest being geared towards "classic FE players".

D

Deleted member

Anyway, I'm discussing the Special Edition shortage problem with my friend and he absolutely abhors GameStop, so there's no way for him to get the preorder bonuses or anything.
Errrr, am I screwed then? I preordered a Fates bundle from Gamestop, not the Special Edition but a cheaper bundle that includes 3 free keychains and I've heard horror stories of people preordering stuff from them but their order gets cancelled or whatever. I don't want to waste almost $70...

Top Bottom