• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Dragon Quest X is a MMORPG. Restrited to Japan, only, unfortunately.

Yeah, sometimes I ask myself what Final Fantasy even wants to be right now oO
I dunno. They changed the serie's bases so much, it shouldn't even be called "Final Fantasy" anymore.
It's just milking on the ip now. Like Assassin's Creed.
^
Mind you, not to say I think the newest game looks bad or anything. It's looks pretty awesome, to tell the truth.
It just doesn't look like a Final Fantasy game. Neither did FF XIII, imo. Hate me all you want.
You could very well just take out the Final Fantasy off the title and slap another cool-sounding title.

Last edited:

Waddler-D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waddler-D
Dragon Quest X is a MMORPG. Restrited to Japan, only, unfortunately.

Yeah, sometimes I ask myself what Final Fantasy even wants to be right now oO
I dunno. They changed the serie's bases so much, it shouldn't even be called "Final Fantasy" anymore.
It's just milking on the ip now. Like Assassin's Creed.
Yeah, gone are the days of games like the SNES FF's of time-based battles and something that looked cohesive at the time. Final Fantasy really looks like it just wants to be another Kingdom Hearts lately and it's a little depressing because of how many FF games they've thrown at us lately. It really makes me wonder where it all went... off-road?

And lately, I've been thinking about Enix and Quintet before it became a part of Square... Enix made some really good games in the past after all!

Speaking of games to hype over...

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I was hyped as hell when they first announced Versus XIII back in '06, and here we are in 2015, still no definite release date for the now dead Versus XIII to the new XV except for a "2016". My hype for the game is down the dumps now... Episode Duscae was alright, I still think Noct looks cool and I'm still probably gonna get the game anyways since I might as well after waiting so long for it.

If XV manages to 'fail', then welp. ;__;

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Ninja Turtles can do that to a man, no matter which version of them...Except for Next Mutation and BayTurtles.
Don't think I've seen either of those, actually...

Also, can I go on record and say that the FE remixes in Codename S.T.E.A.M. are amazing?

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
His English voice does seem odd after years of being used to the Japanese voice. It's also a bit... graceless.

:231:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Too bad Marth's english voice is gross :^)
Marth having an English voice is pretty jarring after hearing him speak Japanese for a long time, but honestly Yuri Lowenthal is not that bad of a choice than most people make him out to be. imagine if Sasuke sounded like this instead lololol

He's a better choice than Spike Spencer, that's for sure. Otherwise, for anyone who hasn't seen the Fire Emblem OVAs, this is what we would have gotten:

"I MUSTN'T RUN AWAY, I MUSTN'T RUN AWAY, I MUSTN'T RUN AWAY"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Don't think I've seen either of those, actually...

Also, can I go on record and say that the FE remixes in Codename S.T.E.A.M. are amazing?
1. You got lucky with those last two.
2. Yes you can.

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Miloaf, now imagine... if he said this back in the Brawl days, would you be as offended?
YES

In all seriousness though, Captain Falcon has appealed to me since 64. Something about him is just fun and exciting for me. He was trash in Brawl, sure, but that didn't stop me from using and enjoying him.
I mean, just look at Marth mains in this game :troll:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
So who do y'all think likes peoples's posts more, @ Devil May Plop Devil May Plop or @ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun ?
"I came here to like posts and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum!"
@NonSpecificGuy
wow my finger slipped badly
At least until he was run out of the thread by that one guy. What was that "dude's" name again? He was just so "ambiguous," it was difficult to understand what his intentions were.
:troll:
@ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun Master Race

Totally not because I have shipped us as the RST Bromance OTP

Waddler-D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waddler-D
Alright, that's all I needed to hear. :p Despite Brawl Falcon being flat-out terrible, I used him AND Ganny despite their terrible shortcomings, Link as well. Using those low-tiered characters in Brawl really paid off!

Oddly enough though, I'm also using Meta Knight a lot, mainly because I don't feel guilty using him anymore!

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Too bad Marth's english voice is gross :^)

I LISTENED TO THIS A FEW DAYS AGO.

I just kinda died a little inside because it was almost hilarious how.. odd it was. It wasn't even that bad but just so odd. The more "mature" voice that Yuri Lowenthal has would've suited Marth more, he sounds too.. I dunno??? He's certainly missing the elegance.

Or maybe because I'm just so used to Marth's Japanese voice that any other voice doesn't go well. Hikaru Midorikawa does such a good job and his voice is so beautiful. :halfsheep:
Hey guys, I thought I'd post here since I've heard some good things about this social thread from a friend of mine here. Robin has tempted me a couple of times and I've been getting a little more and more serious about improving on him. Also, for those that are trying to improve on their Robin, I do play a LARGE number of characters competently, so you'd certainly get some decent match-up experience.

Anyway, enough about myself, how are you all cruising today?
Hellooooooooooooooooooo! It's lovely seeing you here~ :3 I do hope you have a lovely time.

Top Bottom