• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
When you get a like notification and see the like gone from the post

actually just wanted an excuse to bring back this gif, not a big deal
Alternatively, it's fitting for the 50/50 situation of game over or not that was being talked about in RD

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Reminds me of a story I told long ago... The story of Chapter 2-E.

Gather round, friends. Today, I shall tell you all the heroic story of Haar, the Dracoknight, and the battle of Chapter 2-E. This is, for reference, my first playthrough of Radiant Dawn, and I'm going in completely blind. I've not even played Path of Radiance.

Chapter 2-E in Radiant Dawn has a layout like this.

There are two possible win conditions. One, you can defend for 15 turns. Two, you can kill the boss. The boss is at the bottom of that pyramid towards the middle.

This chapter is frustrating. VERY frustrating. After losing it 3-4 times, I decided to employ a new strategy. Turn 1, I would send Haar the Dracoknight as close to the boss as he could get. This happened to be on the lowest "rung" of the map. There would be no relief. No other unit could reach brave Haar, he would likely die on the first turn the enemy moved. The sole purpose of this strategy was to test the strength of the enemy army. I would see what kind of damage the enemies could do, watch Haar die, then reset.

Naturally, Haar didn't die. Our brave Dracoknight had decided that the Grim Reaper could not only go to Hell, but take Lord Ludveck's rebels with him. Attacks with 80% hit rates? Miss. Misses, misses everywhere. He ended the first enemy phase not only being hit just one time, but having killed and damaged more than a few enemies. Haar was down to about 30 health of his starting 46. The boss started with 45 health, and ended at about 25 ish.

So, proud of Haar, I decided to have Elincia use a Physic to heal him. Back at full health, he continued his one man assault, knocking our dear boss enemy down to just seven health. One more turn, and the map would be won, twelve turns short of the "Defend" goal.

During the next enemy phase, it seemed as if Haar's luck was still with him. But it soon became apparent that this was sadly not the case. He took several hits and ended up with just a single point of health left. But all was not lost! The enemy had nearly exhausted all of their troops attacking Haar. Only a single archer remained to face down Queen Elincia's Angel of Death.

The archer had a 51% chance to hit. This was it. The fate of Crimea, nay, of my entire playthrough came down to a single coin toss!

Alas, our dear friend Haar fell. And with that, the player phase began, the world darker for it.

Goodnight sweet prince, and may flights of Heron Laguz sing thee to thy reset button.
Oh damn, that's some story! That chapter is definitely one of the most frustrating in the game, especially since there are so many enemies, and the ally phases are just sooooo long. I usually save all my exp points throughout part 2 until that chapter, and then give them all to Harr and he literally kills everyone. If it wasn't for that little bit on the right with a few Knights (I think they were knights, haven't played that chapter in a while), I wouldn't have been able to complete that chapter. But man, Haar is my saviour. I do plan to level Jill up in this file as well because I heard she's a really good Dracoknight.
with Micaiah's ridiculous luck in RD, it's possible. You could always put Sothe at her side to trigger his skill which makes him take the damage, I think (I've actually never used it and only read how it functions by reading some minimum units run guide)
Yeah, thankfully Sothe was close, but I don't know whether or not that was the reason she dodged the attack. Luckily for me there were no more enemies left and I healed her.. and then proceeded to rescue her with Nailah. :happysheep:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Oh damn, that's some story! That chapter is definitely one of the most frustrating in the game, especially since there are so many enemies, and the ally phases are just sooooo long. I usually save all my exp points throughout part 2 until that chapter, and then give them all to Harr and he literally kills everyone. If it wasn't for that little bit on the right with a few Knights (I think they were knights, haven't played that chapter in a while), I wouldn't have been able to complete that chapter. But man, Haar is my saviour. I do plan to level Jill up in this file as well because I heard she's a really good Dracoknight.
That chapter is tough, yeah, but it's so intense, too! It's my second favorite chapter in the series, behind Awakening Chapter 10.

Matsushi

True Blood
That chapter is tough, yeah, but it's so intense, too! It's my second favorite chapter in the series, behind Awakening Chapter 10.
Oh my god, SAME! Well, I love Chapter 10 of Awakening, though my favorite chapter in RD has to be Part 3, Chapter 4. :D

When a sTUPID SWORDMASTER CRITICAL HITS YOU TWICE WITH A KILLING EDGE

i cry everyteim

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I've never had much trouble with 2-E in my experience. Haar two-turning the chapter works every time for me (and works for nearly every chapter he's playable in :p as long as there are no thunder mages.)

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Oh, you guys like really intense chapters with lots of enemies? Thracia 776 has you covered:
[collapse= don't open souless]

[/collapse]
Everything I read about Thracia 776 makes me never want to touch it, which is what I'll probably do after my bad experience with Binding Blade (honestly, the only pre-localization of the series game I want to try out eventually is Genealogy of the Holy War, as I hear great things about it, and Mystery of the Emblem has a remake so I'd much rather try that out)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Guys i really need help landing with Robin...any advice?
Learning to Wavebounce Thunder is always a good thing. Robin's high-ish air speed gives him a good rebound, enough to land safely.

There's also using Elwind to reset everything if the guy is very aggro with the sharking.

One thing I've been doing when I have the moment to do so is to waste my final Levin Sword uses with Fair, catch it either by Z-catching as I'm moving forward with Fair or by double jumping and catching it if I have the jump, and then just chuck it down when they get close. They have to respect that sword, giving Robin the chance to land or Elwind and reset.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
[collapse= don't open souless]

[/collapse]
Everything I read about Thracia 776 makes me never want to touch it, which is what I'll probably do after my bad experience with Binding Blade (honestly, the only pre-localization of the series game I want to try out eventually is Genealogy of the Holy War, as I hear great things about it, and Mystery of the Emblem has a remake so I'd much rather try that out)
Genealogy is easily the strongest of the first six, and in my opinion beats out RD, and is at least on par with PoR. Mystery as its own game is decent, but the remake does obsolete it.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Rekka no Ken is the best Fire Emblem game oh my god why have I only started playing this now

It's actually amazing.

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Rekka no Ken is the best Fire Emblem game oh my god why have I only started playing this now

It's actually amazing.
...Sometimes I get the feeling I'm the only Fire Emblem fan who finds Rekka no Ken decent, but not great. Of the four I've played, 8>13>10>7, for me.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
...Sometimes I get the feeling I'm the only Fire Emblem fan who finds Rekka no Ken decent, but not great. Of the four I've played, 8>13>10>7, for me.
I've played Awakening (amazing but very flawed), Sacred Stones (good but lacking the usual spark), Radiant Dawn (admittedly very briefly - I couldn't get into the gameplay or the brutal difficulty) and Rekka no Ken (and I'm loving it).

I respect your opinion. If it's not for you, it's not for you, and that's alright. :3

D

Deleted member

My rankings (of what I've played):

8 (SS) > 10 (RD) > 7 (Rekka no Ken) >= 9 (PoR) = 13 (Awakening) > 12 (Shadow Dragon)

Although I really liked all of the titles, (and yes that includes Shadow Dragon).

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I've played Awakening (amazing but very flawed), Sacred Stones (good but lacking the usual spark), Radiant Dawn (admittedly very briefly - I couldn't get into the gameplay or the brutal difficulty) and Rekka no Ken (and I'm loving it).

I respect your opinion. If it's not for you, it's not for you, and that's alright. :3
Sacred Stones was my first, so I'm admittedly biased towards it. But the cast is absolutely my favorite and the map design is great. So I love it. Also, branched promotions hell yes. Awakening does have its flaws, particularly in map design, but it also has F!Morgan, who's my favorite character in any video game ever. Additionally, it's more polished than any previous game in the series, uses, what I feel, is the best support system, has a great cast, my favorite soundtrack, and is just plain fun. Radiant Dawn is fantastic, and I actually love the brutal difficulty. The map design is my favorite in the series. But it just doesn't have support conversations, which knocks it down from what would be a very clear first place for me to third. And finally, Rekka no Ken is fun, but nothing about it stands out to me in comparison to the other games I've played. I do really enjoy all of them, though.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I can't really "rank" the games, as each has something they're strong at.
In terms of storyline, I liked PoR and RD the most, as for characters and their relationships, I'd chose Awakening, PoR coming just after. In terms of gameplay, the GBA games in general were nice, and had pretty nice animations to boot, but I'd chose FE7 as my favorite between the three, because awesome Lord Trio
. I think I don't even need to say that the most difficult game was Thracia 776 :roll:honestly, that game just hates the player, but I enjoyed it's maps design, as I did RD's.
Never played Genealogy, so I can't say about that one, and I'll probably take some time to play it, if it's translated by fans. I had enough for now with Thracia terribly buggy patch.
Oh yeah, and I need to play Marth's game, too. Didn't get around it yet.

made this a while ago, and can't believe I have a use for it again.

Also, hi
:happysheep:Welcome to this awesome thread, dear.
I believe my friend @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A already laid out the thread's only rule.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Genealogy is easily the strongest of the first six, and in my opinion beats out RD, and is at least on par with PoR. Mystery as its own game is decent, but the remake does obsolete it.
Hopefully it gets a remake someday, although given the sales of the other FE remakes, maybe IS will avoid it.
I personally love FE7, 9, 10 and 13 in their own ways, admittedly dislike 6 and 8 quite a lot, want to try out 4 and 12 eventually, and don't really care for everything else.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Hopefully it gets a remake someday, although given the sales of the other FE remakes, maybe IS will avoid it given the sales of the DS games however.
I personally love FE7, 9, 10 and 13 in their own ways, admittedly dislike 6 and 8 quite a lot, want to try out 4 and 12 eventually, and don't really care for everything else.
Given 4's subject matter, I kindof doubt it will get a remake. At least, a remake released in America. :/

Shame, because I'd love to play it with a modern UI. Once I finish my current playthroughs of 8 and 10, I'm planning on going on to 4, and hopefully by the time I finish that, I either find a cheap copy of 9 (HAH) or 14 is released.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If we're ranking our favourite FEs, here's mine:

13 > 12 > 4 = 9 > 7 > 10 > 8 > 3 > 5 > 6 > 2 > 1 = 11

(can't go into much detail right now as I'm on my phone)

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Given 4's subject matter, I kindof doubt it will get a remake. At least, a remake released in America. :/

Shame, because I'd love to play it with a modern UI. Once I finish my current playthroughs of 8 and 10, I'm planning on going on to 4, and hopefully by the time I finish that, I either find a cheap copy of 9 (HAH) or 14 is released.
I feel REALLY lucky that I got Path of Radiance in very good conditions about 5 years ago for like 30 bucks as my first game to get into the series. May be a reason for me to appreciate the game even more than I already do, which is a lot already as it's my favorite and one of my personal favorite games ever.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Favorite order of FE games I played
Awakening>Shadow Dragon>Sacred Stones>Radiant Dawn>Binding Blade

Matsushi

True Blood
For me, it's!
Radiant Dawn>Path of Radiance>Awakening>Sacred Stones>Shadow Dragon

That... was hard. I just really love all of them. :emptysheep: Radiant Dawn was the first game I played and will always be my favourite, though I think I should've played it's predecessor first because nothing really made sense until my session of research.

D

Deleted member

I've only played Awakening and Shadow Dragon.
Feel free to kick me out D':

Elezir

I've only played Awakening and Shadow Dragon.
Feel free to kick me out D':
:cheep:Why we would do that, dear?
You are here forever, so we won't kick you out.:troll:

Seriously, it's alright, you just play the other FE games if you feel like it.
I'd recommend Path of Radiance to anyone who liked Awakening, though.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Ranking the FE games eh? I suppose I could post mine again:

9=13>10>8>12>7>11

Radiant Dawn would easily be the best for me if it wasn't for the lame support conversations (not to mention my first game bias). :sheep:

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
Caught that too. Forgivable for the joke, but...there was a feel or two.
Also I may have blatantly Googled found another papercraft you may be interested in.

'lo new face, welcome.

While I'm completely useless at offering you advice on Robin per se, I could offer a reasonably straightforward rushdown character for practice, if you'd like.
hello! do you have the 3ds? and also really looking for a great robin player to show me some combos or some sneaky tricks. Anything at all.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Of the games I've played,

RD > PoR = FE7 > SS = FE12 > FE6 > FE11

Yes, I haven't played Awakening. Kill me.

:231:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I've figured out who the Big Bad will be for Hoshido. The traitor called out by Takumi. It is none other than Random Hot Guy.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'd still S Support him with my Kamui.

Matsushi

True Blood
Ranking the FE games eh? I suppose I could post mine again:

9=13>10>8>12>7>11

Radiant Dawn would easily be the best for me if it wasn't for the lame support conversations (not to mention my first game bias). :sheep:
[excuse me for spontaneously changing my avatars OTL]
Oh my, don't get me started on the support conversations. Some of them don't even fit into a conversation! xD

Elezir

[excuse me for spontaneously changing my avatars OTL]
Oh my, don't get me started on the support conversations. Some of them don't even fit into a conversation! xD
You can't even call that support conversation :roll:
Most lines were so generic, not even the character's personality could be found there.
The first time I played RD, I was sure these were only "barrack conversations" with another name, like when Awakening had these random little conversations if you placed a paired unit on the sparkling spots. I couldn't believe it was a support.
Soon enough my fears turned out to be true and I was sorely disappointed.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
You can't even call that support conversation :roll:
Most lines were so generic, not even the character's personality could be found there.
The first time I played RD, I was sure these were only "barrack conversations" with another name, like when Awakening had these random little conversations if you placed a paired unit on the sparkling spots. I couldn't believe it was a support.
Soon enough my fears turned out to be true and I was sorely disappointed.
Yeah, calling them a support conversation is an overstatement. Some of them are like
"Hey, we should fight together!" and then the other replies with "Greetings, how are you?" like ???? And yeah, no element of character whatsoever. I was always hoping that the support conversations would give us more insight to each character, but apparently not! :emptysheep:
y u creepy sister :sadsheep:
:drflip:
:drflip:
y not, bruh

Last edited:
Top Bottom