• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Do we have a thread for custom move discussion yet? I want to talk to people that you know, actually play Robin. But I couldn't find a thread that fits.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Speaking of custom moves, its such a shame that they're banned at most major wii u tournaments. Presumably its because of the difficulty with unlocking them and the fact that not everyone has a 3ds to simply transfer custom characters over with ease, but still.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Idk if I'm late with this but I noticed how amazing SH Arc fire is at catching SH approaches. Force the air dodge then punish the landing lag. If they get hit, U-air or B-air them off the last hit of Arc fire.
Arcfire is one of my favorite specials of all time.

It's like an improved PK Fire.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Speaking of custom moves, its such a shame that they're banned at most major wii u tournaments. Presumably its because of the difficulty with unlocking them and the fact that not everyone has a 3ds to simply transfer custom characters over with ease, but still.
People would be hating on gdlk Thoron+ tho.

Which would be hilarious. :seuss:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I'm kinda mad that my first loss in For Glory with Robin ended with a SD on my part. :facepalm:

cyberspyXD

Smash Rookie
NNID
cyberspyXD
3DS FC
0001-3542-4807
Nice to see this is an active thread. You guys might be seeing a lot of me here soon, eh, nah that's probably a lie (too shy!).

I'm thinking about taking out Ike from my trifecta of mains (Lucina, ZSS). Robin feels great to play as and is surprisingly easy to learn. Here's to hoping he/she tips the scales for me.

I'm bad at introductions so that's all for now.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Nice to see this is an active thread. You guys might be seeing a lot of me here soon, eh, nah that's probably a lie (too shy!).

I'm thinking about taking out Ike from my trifecta of mains (Lucina, ZSS). Robin feels great to play as and is surprisingly easy to learn. Here's to hoping he/she tips the scales for me.

There's no need to be shy around here. Any aspiring Tactician is more than welcome.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

We welcome new users, don't worry. :)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I won a tournament tonight! Expect copious amounts of footage of the RosaLuma matchup when the vids go up.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
I won a tournament tonight! Expect copious amounts of footage of the RosaLuma matchup when the vids go up.
Nice! Did you play anyone else to counter your weaker matchups, or did you prepare for every matchup like a smart technician? :4robinm::4robinf:

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Solo Robin the whole way,

I got a bit lucky on the bracket though. Our Sheik player played Villager against me and the Yoshi player who got 4th got knocked into Loser's before he got to me.

And our Diddy player wasn't in attendance.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

I got a bit lucky on the bracket though. Our Sheik player played Villager against me and the Yoshi player who got 4th got knocked into Loser's before he got to me.

Wait so are you telling me that not everyone on the tournament was using Diddy!? Gods be praised!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's not the tourney's fault, it's the game's, honestly. Item drop RNG is the last thing I'd want, in the last place I'd want it.
Still a shame, though. I would love to use Lucina's Dashing Assault or Ganondorf's uppercut special, but nope. Gotta spend hours trying to unlock.

Last edited:

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
It's not the tourney's fault, it's the game's, honestly. Item drop RNG is the last thing I'd want, in the last place I'd want it.
Still a shame, though. I would love to use Lucina's Dashing Assault or Ganondorf's uppercut special, but nope. Gotta spend hours trying to unlock.
It's even worse when I can't be satisfied with simply transferring all the sets over to the other version, because then my friends can't take them home to experiment, so I have to grind on each game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's even worse when I can't be satisfied with simply transferring all the sets over to the other version, because then my friends can't take them home to experiment, so I have to grind on each game.
Yeah. It's false advertising at best. When they said you could transfer custom moves between versions, I thought they meant...you know, permanently. But they didn't. So there's no incentive to play at least one version of the game.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Yeah. It's false advertising at best. When they said you could transfer custom moves between versions, I thought they meant...you know, permanently. But they didn't. So there's no incentive to play at least one version of the game.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm still doing it. I'm not happy about it, but I'm doing it. Slowly but surely.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'll be going to a tourney on the 24th this month. It's going to be the biggest Smash 4 event I've been to, though that's not saying much because the Smash 4 scene around my area is pretty eclipsed by PM. I'm planning on going strictly Robin in the tournament, but I may or may not try to go for some Greninja money matches outside of it. If I find another Robin player I'm for sure challenging them since I have a bit of a pride thing with my characters. It's a bit of a shame though since most of the big Smash 4 events in my area are a good two hours away, but it could be worse so I guess I shouldn't complain.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX

THE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX

:seuss:

I'm kidding, you seriously scored big time without the Diddy and Sheik in the way.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
What's shakin' homies? An aspiring tactician here who'd like to join the party. Initially before the game came out I planned on using Robin as my 2ndary, but found him awkward and went to Sonic instead. But now I find myself going back to him and losing a little interest in other characters I've playing, and it's been fun! I'm still sh*t with him and off to a bad start, but I'm willing to work with it and learn as much as I can. Expect to see me around a bit more often!

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What's shakin' homies? An aspiring tactician here who'd like to join the party. Initially before the game came out I planned on using Robin as my 2ndary, but found him awkward and went to Sonic instead. But now I find myself going back to him and losing a little interest in other characters I've playing, and it's been fun! I'm still sh*t with him and off to a bad start, but I'm willing to work with it and learn as much as I can. Expect to see me around a bit more often!
Welcome. Relax, think up some strategy, and if you'd like, you can hang your long coat in the corner.

Seriously, good to see another Robin user. He/she's not an easy character to learn or master, but the journey is very rewarding.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
I remember a month ago, when I was reading about Elwind spikes, I was ridiculously adamant that they did not spike. And then I did it while training my Zelda amiibo. And it was beautiful.

So, yeah. Robin is ridiculously rewarding.

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
I remember a month ago, when I was reading about Elwind spikes, I was ridiculously adamant that they did not spike. And then I did it while training my Zelda amiibo. And it was beautiful.

So, yeah. Robin is ridiculously rewarding.
Well, when you hit any spike feels awesome in many ways. But the Elspike have a slightly different feeling, is not a super fast spike, it's a slow one that throws your opponent to the gates of Oblivion while you are in the stage tipping the scales.

D

Deleted member

I have to say, it kind of annoys me there's still only one character in the roster who has much more color swaps than the others, as to know Little Mac, and Wario in Brawl.

For potential DLC, Robin should get this treatment too.
How about a blonde-haired ♂Robin and a blue haired ♀Robin ?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Katarina alt, FE7 Mark alt, and Micaiah alt for :4robinf: plz

Oh, and a more distinctive Soren alt for :4robinm:. The White Mage alt looks more like a....well, a White Mage, than Soren.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
More distinctive? I was never under the impression that was a Soren alt AT ALL.
Apparently, I've heard some people say it is.

I really don't know why.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I would love for the Robins to get their own set of eight color alts. I vote for pink haired :4robinm: and blue haired :4robinf:.

D

Deleted member

I would love for the Robins to get their own set of eight color alts. I vote for pink haired :4robinm: and blue haired :4robinf:.
I agree that each Robin should get 8 alts, as well as Wario's costumes, the Wii Fit Trainers, and Olimar and Alph. I dunno why Little Mac got special treatment.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
I would much rather get different hairstyles instead of just color swaps. Imagine if we got a female Robin with Morgan's hairstyle? That would be an instant main for me.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I'd love a Katarina alt and blue haired fRobin soooo much. A few weeks back I was bored and decided to photoshop some alts for Robin and I did a Katarina one for fRobin...it was so beautiful, like wow. Of course blond mRobin would also be amazing. I wish all the characters with alts got 16 colors, not sure why Little Mac is the only one.
I guess he needed something to make up for his air game. :troll:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I agree that each Robin should get 8 alts, as well as Wario's costumes, the Wii Fit Trainers, and Olimar and Alph. I dunno why Little Mac got special treatment.
Little Mac's main alt should have been the pink sweatshirt. We could've gotten a sweatshirt based on Doc Louis but no. Instead, we get 7 alts that are basically the same thing but in a wireframe body and a green sweatshirt.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Katarina alt, FE7 Mark alt, and Micaiah alt for :4robinf: plz

Oh, and a more distinctive Soren alt for :4robinm:. The White Mage alt looks more like a....well, a White Mage, than Soren.
Awwww yeah. Micaiah and especially Katarina would be sweet. Also, just registered my 3DS&WiiU codes for the CD and the Mewtu DLC.
Don't forget it, it's soon over!

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Little Mac's main alt should have been the pink sweatshirt. We could've gotten a sweatshirt based on Doc Louis but no. Instead, we get 7 alts that are basically the same thing but in a wireframe body and a green sweatshirt.
What about the Alternate Mac in Punch Out!!! (Wii)'s 2 player mode?

I kinda would've liked seein' that too.

Hooded Robin would've also been a cool alternate in my book.

Last edited:

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
Awwww yeah. Micaiah and especially Katarina would be sweet. Also, just registered my 3DS&WiiU codes for the CD and the Mewtu DLC.
Don't forget it, it's soon over!
Micaiah swap for Fem!Robin would become instant new color swap main; Radiant Dawn was first game so having her as a swap would be amazing.

Also, in other news, we're 15th on Anther's tier list, so here's hoping for more Robin mains to bump our tactician even more on the Smash Ladder!

Top Bottom