• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
SO CUTE.

I'm starting to really like the idea of them being twins. And then we could see both Morgans interacting with one another as cousins.
I like either the Robins being twins or the Morgans being twins. Both Morgans are my favorite characters in Awakening, though, so I'm not complaining about the possibility of both.
I suppose Male Morgan could be named "Mark", while Female Morgan can keep her name.
Makes sense, though now I'm so used to calling male Morgan "Morgan."

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I too would love to see something like this

Hmm... @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A do you take requests? :3
Likewise! It needs to happen and there's only one who is capable of doing it justice. @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , we all upon thee! :drflip:
I'll keep this as a side project since I'm focused on my Morgan fic for now. Maybe I'll spare some time to write it when I'm dry of ideas for the latter fic, but it won't be a main priority.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'll keep this as a side project since I'm focused on my Morgan fic for now. Maybe I'll spare some time to write it when I'm dry of ideas for the latter fic, but it won't be a main priority.
Fair enough! ^_^ We're thankful that your even taking on such project in the first place. I look forward to reading it in the future!

On a side note, I just realized my grammatical error while reading my quote in your post. That's embarrassing. :facepalm: I REALLY need to proof read my comments before I post them.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Well I didn't hear a no.

Thanks Liquid

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I really like the idea of both Robins as twins. I mean, it'd then include :4robinf: getting annoyed with his brother being such a bookworm or other kind of a loser and is the active one of the two, but really loves his bro and tries to be protective or toting sibling to him.

Meanwhile :4robinm:tends to tease her time to time or just provide her happiness because he's such a nice guy, but also thinks more before acting and has to be the wise self-control to his sister. Heck, this is how I'd wanna write both as now and then.
They feel such neat opposites in means of temper which I think would work on both being twins. So cute...

I'm not keen on selfcest-styled Robin x Robin unless it's more established both are more of different than same person. I'd call that more of Robin x Reflet.

Ok, has no one gotten the reference I put under my location? Someone's got to get it...
It's those things that you will see, get a laugh, and then resume whatever you were doing.:4diddy:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Fair enough! ^_^ We're thankful that your even taking on such project in the first place. I look forward to reading it in the future!

On a side note, I just realized my grammatical error while reading my quote in your post. That's embarrassing. :facepalm: I REALLY need to proof read my comments before I post them.
Well I didn't hear a no.

Thanks Liquid

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Has anyone here ever played FE12? I hear it's a vast improvement over FE11 (Shadow Dragon) but I was curious to members' opinions.
I've only played a couple maps of 12, but so far, it absolutely destroys Shadow Dragon in every way imo. Support and Base conversations return, some extra customization when it comes to the MU's base class and stat growth, and no stupid character limit when it comes to the Gaiden chapters. It's sublime! :grin:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Has anyone here ever played FE12? I hear it's a vast improvement over FE11 (Shadow Dragon) but I was curious to members' opinions.
Yes, all my yeses. Only one of Marth's games worth playing in my opinion (the original is decent in its own right, but unless you really want dismounting, there's no reason to go for it over FE12). It fixes almost everything FE11 did wrong (except the art style, unfortunately).

Hong

The Strongest
Yes, all my yeses. Only one of Marth's games worth playing in my opinion (the original is decent in its own right, but unless you really want dismounting, there's no reason to go for it over FE12). It fixes almost everything FE11 did wrong (except the art style, unfortunately).
I agree with @ Moydow Moydow . FE12 is an excellent product, and it's a shame we didn't get some tasty minty fresh good Marth mouthwash to cleanse the taste of those mouldy Shadow Dragon leftovers. The debut of a reasonable My Unit system, a few good tracks, some fun chapters added in to the mix, and a satisfying level of difficulty on the highest setting. In fact it's outright brutal if your MU is female and you don't have clear data, since you don't get as many good class options.

D

Deleted member

I remember people thinking that this may have been a confirmation that (at the time "inevitable") Chrom's Final Smash would be a proposal.
That would be the only redeemable thing about having Chrom in Smash. Think of the scenarios... Chrom could even propose to his own daughter!

Robin + Robin = Morgan and Morgan.

Mind = Blown.
When you get both Morgans, there is no need for an army.

The Morgan twins... cute.

But would they both have the same name? O_o
Yes. Female Morgan is Morgan 1 while male Morgan is Morgan 2.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
That would be the only redeemable thing about having Chrom in Smash. Think of the scenarios... Chrom could even propose to his own daughter!
And his great great great great great great great great great grand-father. :4marth:

And you. :4mii::4miif:

Yes. Female Morgan is Morgan 1 while male Morgan is Morgan 2.
Now I can't help but think of the two as Thing 1 and Thing 2. :seuss:

D

Deleted member

And his great great great great great great great great great grand-father. :4marth:

And you. :4mii::4miif:
And his best friend. He could also marry a robot and a hedgehog (Sonic 06 2.0).

Now I can't help but think of the two as Thing 1 and Thing 2. :seuss:
That was the idea. :p

Just so that this doesn't get too off-topic I suppose, but I have been using Robin a bit more. I'm kinda figuring out how he works a bit more and he feels a lot better on the Wii U version, but I think you knew that one already.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
And his best friend.
I guess I assumed that if Chrom was on the roster, Robin wouldn't be. :ohwell:

But that certainly would be interesting... Just think of all the fanfics it would spawn. :evil:

D

Deleted member

But that certainly would be interesting... Just think of all the fanfics it would spawn. :evil:
The invisible ties between the two burns deeper as they fight against each other in Smash. What have I done?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

I'm sure :4robinm: x
fanfics have already been written all over the place since they're in SSB together.

EDIT: Oh, you meant with the rest of the roster... Well, this is the internet, so I'm sure it's been done too.

Last edited:

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Hey, kids, it's time to spam fan art!

(Source)
And finally, obligatory Best Son and Daughter.

(Source)
Would putting Robin with Robin mean getting both Morgans? Because I am okay with that.
Relevant:
WHAT A COINCIDENCE I MADE THIS COMIC HAHAHA
I didn't color it but I figured I'd sow it to you after seeing the tanuki and rabbit robin.

And yes. Both morgans would exist.

As the Robin and Robin support grows MY DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE
Me and my friend would often form head canons for the two and keep them for ourselves but its nice to see that others are tackling the two also. :D

I'm excited to see what you do. I didn't know you wrote!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
As the Robin and Robin support grows MY DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE
Me and my friend would often form head canons for the two and keep them for ourselves but its nice to see that others are tackling the two also. :D

I'm excited to see what you do. I didn't know you wrote!
:happysheep:

I wrote a one shot for Robin and Lucina and an ongoing fic about Morgan. She likes snooping into people's dreams as usual i see.

Any other drawings on your front? :D

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I wrote a one shot for Robin and Lucina and an ongoing fic about Morgan. She likes snooping into people's dreams as usual i see.
I remember reading that. I couldn't help but remember that one spongebob episode where he goes into other people's dreams. It was a very entertaining read and I just might go read it again c:

Gah777

Smash Lord
Tbh, I'd love if Robin's sword-based moves all got their start-up and end lag reduced (even by 1 frame), hit boxes got fixed (janky tilt hit boxes fml >.>), and we got a jab finisher that didn't use up tome durability.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

I love taking pictures in the game sometimes.
are they looking at Chrom in dissapointment in this picture?
My computer sadly can't run a DS emulator properly to play FE12, despite being one of the only 2 non-localized FE games that interest me, makes me sad

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Jab finishers may cost tome durability, but iirc they have the largest range for Jabs after Megaman's, as well as KO options. Seems like a fair trade-off.

are they looking at Chrom in dissapointment in this picture?
I like to think that they're all looking at Roy down there.

Truth be told, I like Chrom. :<

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Tbh, I'd love if Robin's sword-based moves all got their start-up and end lag reduced (even by 1 frame), hit boxes got fixed (janky tilt hit boxes fml >.>), and we got a jab finisher that didn't use up tome durability.
Well, I think using the tomes up is fair. The fire tome is much more reliable, but much more consequential.

I just wish the wind jab had a little less launch before the finisher to make it more reliable, though perhaps they wanted to make that final Excalibur strike hard-to-hit by design.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Well, I think using the tomes up is fair. The fire tome is much more reliable, but much more consequential.

I just wish the wind jab had a little less launch before the finisher to make it more reliable, though perhaps they wanted to make that final Excalibur strike hard-to-hit by design.
Yeah, that'd be nice. I'd really like to see all the tilts fixed first thing though. Having all the tilts hit on frame 6 with hit boxes that actually match their animation would be nice. A weak hit box around Robin's arm/hand would also make sense. There's just so much dead space on all her tilts. I mean, come on, U-tilt doesn't even have a hit box on the first half of the animation.

Ryu the blue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Najumaru
3DS FC
2578-4505-7001
Guys, I have a question.
The Wii U gamecube adapter, do you really think Nintendo will not produce it anymore, and that the people that did not pre-ordered the bundle will not be able to get this preferential?
Cuz if that's the case... I will cry to my sleep ;_;

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Guys, I have a question.
The Wii U gamecube adapter, do you really think Nintendo will not produce it anymore, and that the people that did not pre-ordered the bundle will not be able to get this preferential?
I sure hope so, I missed an opportunity to buy one and I don't know if I'd be able to forgive myself if I don't get one in the next couple of months.

Though if anything I did buy a Wii U Pro Controller to try to hold me over for the day I do get an adapter, but it's gonna take a while to get used to it. I think I'm more used to the gamepad rather than the Wii U Pro right now.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Guys, I have a question.
Nah, they'd be insane to discontinue it. There's so many people wanting to buy it they'd miss a large profit from not producing and selling more.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I've been looking over my old replays with Robin in them and I've realized that quite a few of them end with me throwing a broken tome or sword to finish off my opponent. That or I pull off an interesting combo/disrespectful Elwind spike.

I find it a bit odd though that a broken tome does more damage/knock back over a Levin Sword. I mean a I know a sword isn't used for throwing (excpet for Ragnell in Awakening) but it's still sharp and metal. Then again, taking a book to the face isn't a great pleasure either.

Top Bottom