• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Why do people think Roy would get cut? What priorities Ike over Roy? (other than not being a clone but even then)
That's precisely why, actually. Ike's moveset is fully unique and stands out among the others, while Roy's is still based on Marth's even though he's not as much of a clone as he was in Melee. Ike would probably be higher priority because he'd offer that much more variety in comparison.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I agree with this. Lucina should just be a Marth "skin." Although, I wouldn't be opposed to another magic character joining.
If not another magic character, then either a Wyrmn Rider, Axe user, or a Paladin.
Marth and Ike will stay. Robin is a maybe. Roy, Lucina and Corrin are joining Pichu. Maybe Lucina will come back as a skin but I doubt it. Awakening, to me, feels like a one off. It did well and that's that. If Awakening gets a sequel like Marth and Ike's games have gotten then maybe the Awakening duo will come back. If such a thing happens then for Ashera's sake can Lucina please be given her own moveset. I'm fine with her gimmick but that gimmick strapped to everything Marth has is...to put it lightly, a poor decision.
Corrin and Roy are most definitely staying because of this
• Corrin is new and is a very original character that people like(Mewtwo was to but he was only taken out due to time constraints, just like Roy and Doc)
• It'd be stupid to bring Roy back only to retake him out
Marth is Lucina......I mean why can't Marth and Marth become skin?
:135:
Because Marth came first?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
That's precisely why, actually. Ike's moveset is fully unique and stands out among the others, while Roy's is still based on Marth's even though he's not as much of a clone as he was in Melee. Ike would probably be higher priority because he'd offer that much more variety in comparison.
That's fair enough i guess. But if Lucas and Wolf came back, there is no reason for Roy not to.

idek why they brought Roy back for this game really
I personally find Roy better than Marth. There's just something about Marth's style that's really to iffy for me

Tho they should have brought Wolf and Young Link back.

But Lucina God tier

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
I highly doubt Ike, Robin, and MAYBE Corrin will be cut. They're all unique and well liked in both Smash and FE, so I think they'll be good.

Lucina's well liked, but she's the cloniest clone in the entire Smash series, so she's in trouble. Roy might come back due to his memes alone, but the FE fan base generally doesn't like him, so he's iffy as well.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, who knows if Roy will come back or not. It seems like a lot of the Melee fans liked Roy as opposed to the FE fans.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
idek why they brought Roy back for this game really
Because he's our boy. :4feroy:

In all seriousness, like Mewtwo, he was brought back by popular demand.

I highly doubt Ike, Robin, and MAYBE Corrin will be cut. They're all unique and well liked in both Smash and FE, so I think they'll be good.
> Corrin

> Well liked in Smash.

You're assumption (and that of a few others I'd wager) is off on that front, my friend.

But yeah, I highly doubt they'll get the boot because of what they bring to Smash. The possibility is there, though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Lucina's well liked, but she's the cloniest clone in the entire Smash series, so she's in trouble. Roy might come back due to his memes alone, but the FE fan base generally doesn't like him, so he's iffy as well.
Roy stays, Lucina alt
Whoops, I meant to add that Corrin isn't Smash popular. M'bad.
He kinda is Smash popular though(after all, he/she wouldn't be used online or in tournaments otherwise)
Lucina God tier:135:
Good argument

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
It's a bit early to start speculating for the next Smash game considering DLC just got done barely over 2 months ago, isn't it?
Roy is a mixed bag in terms of popularity, he's still very much liked in Japan and that's based on internet polls alone, who knows how many other players might like him. Personally though, I never wanted him back, there was a time where I liked him more than Marth, but that was probably just due to the novelty of playing a character that wasn't in Brawl back when I first played Melee (I played Brawl before Melee if that wasn't very clear), when I went back to the game...yeah, I couldn't really care for how he played, nor am I a big fan of Marth's playstyle altogether. In his own game, Roy is very dull, even with supports, he fails to really stand out in any signifcant way or feel relatable, and I think just about every FE fan heard of his infamous promotion time in the game. Add to that that I find Binding Blade to be one of the weaker FE games altogether, and you see why I'm indifferent towards it getting any sort of representation in Smash (unless it was a playable Sophia, but that'd probably be unlikely even if the game was just FE characters).
Anyhows

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
If not another magic character, then either a Wyrmn Rider, Axe user, or a Paladin.

Corrin and Roy are most definitely staying because of this
• Corrin is new and is a very original character that people like(Mewtwo was to but he was only taken out due to time constraints, just like Roy and Doc)
• It'd be stupid to bring Roy back only to retake him out

:mewtwomelee::wolf::squirtle::ivysaur: characters that were new and original and missed out on the sequel. As for Roy, in my own lovely personal opinion, it's dumb that Roy even came back in the first place.

Also, I feel Robin, Corrin and other characters were added as 'flavour of the time' characters. They're in because they're popular now. Come 5mash and we'll have new flavour of the time characters who I feel will replace the current ones. The roster size has to end at some point, especially if Nintendo is going to patch future installments.

I feel an effective means of fixing this 'will they come back?' issue is for Nintendo to hold another ballot when 5mash is in development that way they can see which characters they want back most. The ballot that got us Bayo should have given them enough of an idea of what newcomers people want but there'll be more to consider by the time we get another Smash game.

D

Deleted member

Why do people think Roy would get cut? What priorities Ike over Roy? (other than not being a clone but even then)
Roy got in through DLC and not in the base game; Ike did. While one could argue the same for Corrin, it would be unfair because Smash was released before we even knew about Fates.
As I've mentioned before, Ike is among one of the most popular Fire Emblem characters.
As you can see here, Ike is number 1, Marth is number 2, Lucina is number 3, and Robin is number 5. Roy didn't even break top 10. While there are people who legitimately like Roy, I've heard that he isn't well-liked for his personality and late game promotion (on top of his game being very difficult).
If it's between Ike or Roy, I have no doubts that Ike will get chosen.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:mewtwomelee::wolf::squirtle::ivysaur: characters that were new and original and missed out on the sequel. As for Roy, in my own lovely personal opinion, it's dumb that Roy even came back in the first place.

Also, I feel Robin, Corrin and other characters were added as 'flavour of the time' characters. They're in because they're popular now. Come 5mash and we'll have new flavour of the time characters who I feel will replace the current ones. The roster size has to end at some point, especially if Nintendo is going to patch future installments.

I feel an effective means of fixing this 'will they come back?' issue is for Nintendo to hold another ballot when 5mash is in development that way they can see which characters they want back most. The ballot that got us Bayo should have given them enough of an idea of what newcomers people want but there'll be more to consider by the time we get another Smash game.
Already explained Mewtwo, and as for the Pokémons, 3DS limitations...Wolf who knows considering Sakurai most likely never wanted him in Brawl(which is a lie...unless we were tricked by Daddy Sakurai)
Oh my gods GameFreak.

I can't even.... I just

How could you do this to us?!

**** Move

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Why is Ike in competition with Roy all of the sudden?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why is Ike in competition with Roy all of the sudden?
Becuase they were both the only Fire Emblem character in Melee(Roy) and Brawl(Ike) excluding Marth...and they're both "obsessed" with fire I guess idk
Roy got in through DLC and not in the base game; Ike did. While one could argue the same for Corrin, it would be unfair because Smash was released before we even knew about Fates.
As I've mentioned before, Ike is among one of the most popular Fire Emblem characters.
As you can see here, Ike is number 1, Marth is number 2, Lucina is number 3, and Robin is number 5. Roy didn't even break top 10. While there are people who legitimately like Roy, I've heard that he isn't well-liked for his personality and late game promotion (on top of his game being very difficult).
...or just Lucina

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well, I never knew that tbh.

Then again, Chrom is shown to be top 6 and he didn't make it into Smash

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Has anyone ever exploited the dialogue in Fates and/or in Awakening?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Has anyone ever exploited the dialogue in Fates and/or in Awakening?
From the Corrin boards seeing this picture...to the Robin boards seeing this picture...oh well
Because he's not very interesting as a fighter.
He could've been a Marth/Lucina alt if he wasn't apart of Robin's Smash Attack, Victory Pose, and Palutena's Guidance conversation

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Chrom as a fighter would have basically been a mixture of Marth and Ike. He apparently fights with punches as well as using Marth's sword style, since Lucina uses Marth's sword style and she learned her sword style from Chrom.

:054:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Because he's not very interesting as a fighter.
I guess that's true. Though Lucina is mange to make it.

Chrom as a fighter would have basically been a mixture of Marth and Ike. He apparently fights with punches as well as using Marth's sword style, since Lucina uses Marth's sword style and she learned her sword style from Chrom.

:054:
Wait....

Wait....

What?

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Yeah I can totally see lucina being either luigified or made into a new costume for marth, or cut alongside Roy. Corrin may stay and keep the total playable charcters for fe at 4 (or 5 if we do get another char/lucina stays)

ThatRandomGuy42

Mr Arcfire
NNID
ThatRandomGuy42
3DS FC
4914-4785-4189
Yeah I can totally see lucina being either luigified or made into a new costume for marth, or cut alongside Roy. Corrin may stay and keep the total playable charcters for fe at 4 (or 5 if we do get another char/lucina stays)
The thing is, there ARE too many FE characters in the game, even Sakurai said so. Even Zelda, which is far more well-known than Fire Emblem, only has 5 where Fire Emblem has 6 (8 if you want to count the Male and Female variants of Robin and Corrin as separate people).
Narrowing the number down to or 5 would be for the best tbh.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Or maybe Sakurai won't cut anyone for something as arbitrary as "muhreps". He did say there are too many FE characters, but that doesn't mean he has to cut anyone.

Soccer Eye confirmed that he planned on cutting Jigglypuff in Melee but kept her in because it would disappoint her fanbase [source]. I think the same would apply to the FE crew as well, and if anyone is cut it's likely due to other circumstances rather than the number of characters a series has.

This isn't addressed to anyone in particular btw. Sorry if this seems condescending. ;w;

Also, hi guys~

Haven't been here in a while. :3

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Or maybe Sakurai won't cut anyone for something as arbitrary as "muhreps". He did say there are too many FE characters, but that doesn't mean he has to cut anyone.
Weren't there people suggesting that Ike would be replaced with Chrom during the pre-Smash 4 days? Was it because between Melee and Brawl Ike "replaced" Roy? So going by that questionable logic, Chrom would replace Ike for Smash 4? Ultimately, Ike returned. I suppose the Gematsu Leak was the only thing Chrom had going for him but we all know how that turned out.

For Smash 5, Sakurai will probably make it his goal to include every character from Smash 4 plus more characters. The third parties have their own little hurdles but as long as the relationship between Nintendo and that company is good, those third-party characters will return. The clones will probably be tweaked though I would like for them to be their own character. Dark Pit has potential to be his own character. He can use the other weapon types from Kid Icarus: Uprising that Pit doesn't use in Smash.

Though, we won't know about a new Smash game in development for quite a while. Maybe in a couple of years after Nintendo's next console is released.

"What about Smash NX?"

If Smash NX is a thing, it will probably be Smash 4 + all DLC included. I would be surprised if the Smash Brothers on Nintendo's next console is Smash 5. So soon after Smash 4's release. Sure, there's the release gap between Smash 64 and Melee, but with Sakurai's health brought up multiple times during the development of Smash 4, I'd rather wait a couple of more years for a Smash 5.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Soccer Eye confirmed that he planned on cutting Jigglypuff in Melee but kept her in because it would disappoint her fanbase [source]. I think the same would apply to the FE crew as well, and if anyone is cut it's likely due to other circumstances rather than the number of characters a series has.

This isn't addressed to anyone in particular btw. Sorry if this seems condescending. ;w;

Also, hi guys~

Haven't been here in a while. :3
People would've been PISSED OVER Jigglypuff being cut

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
"What about Smash NX?"

If Smash NX is a thing, it will probably be Smash 4 + all DLC included. I would be surprised if the Smash Brothers on Nintendo's next console is Smash 5. So soon after Smash 4's release. Sure, there's the release gap between Smash 64 and Melee, but with Sakurai's health brought up multiple times during the development of Smash 4, I'd rather wait a couple of more years for a Smash 5.
64 -> Gamecube

Just saying. I seriously doubt the NX is coming out this year. and if it is, smh Nintendo.

But he says that about every character he cuts/ thinks about cutting

The thing is, there ARE too many FE characters in the game, even Sakurai said so. Even Zelda, which is far more well-known than Fire Emblem, only has 5 where Fire Emblem has 6 (8 if you want to count the Male and Female variants of Robin and Corrin as separate people).
Narrowing the number down to or 5 would be for the best tbh.
Has a huge Zelda fan, i would be more than happy to say Zelda technically only has 4 characters. By the stage, I no longer classify Ganon as a character. He might have work as a clone in Melee, but it's been 2 ****ing games now and still no moveset change. I mean, come on already Sakurai >:(

Should clear up aome confusion...:054:
But that doesn't

If Chrom learnt his fighting style after Marth, but fights more like Ike, then how did Lucina learn from Chrom if she fights much more el-

Oh thats right. I keep forgetting. The Lucina in that game is from a different time line. That explains it.

Luigified. I want her luigified.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Hmmm, a lot of good points being brought up here, but let us consider the following...

HA! GOT EEM!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hmmm, a lot of good points being brought up here, but let us consider the following...

HA! GOT EEM!
Huge boobs won't change the fact that Camilla is obsessed with Corrin

But I do like the trick

Top Bottom