• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
EDIT: although Olimar should be beside Captain Falcon and Lucina and Robin switched spots.
Captain Falcon needed a spot in the roster. He just so happened to work in that row. While Lucina was revealed before Robin, Robin is placed before Lucina in the Smash Bros website. And Lucina was technically added late in the game's development.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Corrin.... why?

You've... never heard of Voltron / GoLion? Voltron, Defender of the Universe?!

Google is your friend.
I think i've heard of them before. Are they the guys that have different robots that can form into one bigger bot? Like the power rangers?

:135:

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
I (partially) blame equipment.
I agree. That autoheal wave on Corrin is VERY telling. I'm sure that Marth is also max attack and a huge negative on defense. The gif was clearly made because someone is just that upset over Corrin's counter.

Granted, I'm not terribly pleased with it myself, but this is too much effort and it's also blatantly exaggerating and lying about its power.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I agree. That autoheal wave on Corrin is VERY telling. I'm sure that Marth is also max attack and a huge negative on defense. The gif was clearly made because someone is just that upset over Corrin's counter.

Granted, I'm not terribly pleased with it myself, but this is too much effort and it's also blatantly exaggerating and lying about its power.
That counter still hurts like hell, though. That much is true.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why? MegaMan doesn't belong to Capcom anymore, why would MegaMan want to be anywhere near Ryu? Ryu's the one who denied him his presence UMVC3.
Megaman will have revenge...with the help of his good friend Pit(Captain N Reference...SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT...AND THE FLIGHTLESS CHICKEN MAN!"

And Kotor Kotor how did you manage to rearrange the CSS like that? I kinda want to do one aswell, but in both CSS and Tier List form.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Hey there tacticians.

I was gone for about a week and a half but I'm back now. Hope you're all having a good one.

Also if you still remember me or noticed my absence, than hats off to you.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
So I'm thinking about making a short-ish comic soon, and I want to post the first chapter to various places by Valentine's Day. The problem is, I'm not sure what the best website would be for hosting it... Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks in advance!

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Must resist urge to post relevant JonTron video regarding Corrin's counter...

...screw it!

But in all seriousness, imo it's not just the counter, I feel that a few of their attacks (namely their specials) are a tad too strong for what they are. Again, that's just me.
Welp, looks like Skinship in Fates is still a thing apparently. Just limited to only one unit per gender.

http://mynintendonews.com/2016/02/1...n-west/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
I'll take this. It's a win-win for everyone.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
So I'm thinking about making a short-ish comic soon, and I want to post the first chapter to various places by Valentine's Day. The problem is, I'm not sure what the best website would be for hosting it... Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks in advance!
imgur, maybe?
I use imgur, Dropbox, and Deviantart. That latter rarely, though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
@Nairo just pulled a Stan Lee on the Pit Social and made a camera there...#DreamLivin'Again(Sorta)...

...also I was reminded of this secret code thanks to The New Day...5,318,008(flip upside down on a calculator)

Last edited:

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
I'd love to be able to suggest something but sadly I don't really know of how to make sites to host comics/where you should go. Unless you mean just like... A place to post it. There's smackjeeves, deviantatart, tumblr, imgur (like suggested above) and probably a lot more places where you can post it. The first option I haven't tried out myself, but a few people I know use it for their comics. Deviant art is more of a general art site, and Tumblr is... Anything and everything. Do ping me if you end up making something though, since I might end up losing it in the sea of messages if I happen to disappear for another couple months. I don't wanna miss it. :c

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Goku confirmed.
:kappa:
WAIT A MINUTE!

One of Smashes most prominent items, is the item capsules!

And what is the name of DBZ's most famous company???!

Goku chromfirmed, break out the champagne boyz! :troll: :cool: :troll: :cool: :troll: :cool: :troll:
The real question is though, which side would win?
Obviously the Smash side :starman:

Really this site doesn't have a Smash Ball smiley?
Well I mean, Goku's a GOD now on top of being, y'know GOKU, sooooooooooo...

... I think he's got the entire roster beat.
Hey there tacticians.

I was gone for about a week and a half but I'm back now. Hope you're all having a good one.

Also if you still remember me or noticed my absence, than hats off to you.
JESTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!! I missed you!

:zeldamelee: :happysheep: :zeldamelee: :happysheep: :zeldamelee: :happysheep::zeldamelee:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
But in all seriousness, imo it's not just the counter, I feel that a few of their attacks (namely their specials) are a tad too strong for what they are. Again, that's just me.
I'll take this. It's a win-win for everyone.
Can someone please tell me how strong the move is compared to other counters?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Can someone please tell me how strong the move is compared to other counters?

It does less damage than Roy's counter (1.3x instead of 1.35x), but has slightly higher knockback growth. The difference is that it sends the opponent upwards, meaning you don't have to be near the edge of the stage for it to kill earlier. Like, in the video that's been going around where it kills Mac at 3%, Roy would likely have killed him as well if they were near the edge of the stage.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well I mean, Goku's a GOD now on top of being, y'know GOKU, sooooooooooo...

... I think he's got the entire roster beat.
***** please

:4pit: one shot the devil and takes on gods all the time.

:4link: /:4tlink: has the power of the gods

:4robinm: is a god (well, more deity but that's just specifics)

:4ryu: Pretty godly

:4zelda: reincarnation of a God

:4palutena: IS A ****ING GOD!!! (so to :rosalina:i guess, I think)

:younglinkmelee: Fierce Deity.

:4falcon:. Nuff said.

Need I say more?

It does less damage than Roy's counter (1.3x instead of 1.35x), but has slightly higher knockback growth. The difference is that it sends the opponent upwards, meaning you don't have to be near the edge of the stage for it to kill earlier. Like, in the video that's been going around where it kills Mac at 3%, Roy would likely have killed him as well if they were near the edge of the stage.
Ah, I see now. So it's more so the angle rather than it being significant'y stronger than other counters. I makes sense when I think about it. Plus add to the fact Corrin is invincible, it doesn't help him out at all to avoid a nerf for it.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Ah, I see now. So it's more so the angle rather than it being significant'y stronger than other counters. I makes sense when I think about it. Plus add to the fact Corrin is invincible, it doesn't help him out at all to avoid a nerf for it.
Every character is invincible during the counter, not just Corrin.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
>:/

Then why have I seen Shulk been hit out of his Vision?

Maybe it happen because the attack start at frame 45 and that's the last intangible frame, so I suppose Shulk's hurtbox overlaps with an hitbox and get hit right before he attack with the Vision.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
The last social to join of the current characters I might use starting next year! :4cloud2::4darkpit:/:4pit::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4mewtwo::4pikachu::4rob::4robinf:. Yup! This is the last one! Saved the best for last I suppose since Robin is my favourite of the listed characters. Also my favourite newcomer and I'm currently doing a Lunatic (don't have Lunatic+) run of Awakening where Robin is ridiculous.

With all that said, this place...not sure what word to use...scared isn't right, startled is going a bit far but it's...surprising to put it lightly how many pages this social has. Are there a million Robin users to every single user of other characters or are the people here incredibly social or is this the place where everyone goes to party? Regardless, I'm here to hang out and starting most likely next year but possibly late this year, I'll start going to tournaments and might use Robin and actually look into metagamey stuff.

Suppose I should be a bit more proper and say greetings fellow tacticians or as I prefer to say Grandmasters!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The last social to join of the current characters I might use starting next year! :4cloud2::4darkpit:/:4pit::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4mewtwo::4pikachu::4rob::4robinf:. Yup! This is the last one! Saved the best for last I suppose since Robin is my favourite of the listed characters. Also my favourite newcomer and I'm currently doing a Lunatic (don't have Lunatic+) run of Awakening where Robin is ridiculous.

With all that said, this place...not sure what word to use...scared isn't right, startled is going a bit far but it's...surprising to put it lightly how many pages this social has. Are there a million Robin users to every single user of other characters or are the people here incredibly social or is this the place where everyone goes to party? Regardless, I'm here to hang out and starting most likely next year but possibly late this year, I'll start going to tournaments and might use Robin and actually look into metagamey stuff.

Suppose I should be a bit more proper and say greetings fellow tacticians or as I prefer to say Grandmasters!
You're gonna be everywhere I am...Pit and Robin wise...we're gonna get REAL close REAL fast.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665

We're all love to A support with the others tacticians :4robinf::4robinm:

Welcome to the board and good luck with your Lunatic run, you really need it!

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
You're gonna be everywhere I am...Pit and Robin wise...we're gonna get REAL close REAL fast.
I'll take that as a good thing so long as the ellipsis and all caps 'real's don't imply otherwise. Believe I've seen you post in the CCI thread too. Pretty sure you had a Donatello pic back then.
We're all love to A support with the others tacticians :4robinf::4robinm:

Welcome to the board and good luck with your Lunatic run, you really need it!
That's good to hear. I'm guessing it's also quite active given the amount of pages, unless a large amount of people trailed off at some point.

I just finished the chapter where I got Nowi and Gregor so I think I'm through the worst of it. Robin and Frederick are my star players both being 2nd tier and more than half way to level 20. Chrom is sitting at level 16 first tier while Virion and Lon Qu are just past level 10. Sully is trailing behind at level 8 first tier but she's married to Virion which helps. Debating if I'll use Sumia, Cordelia and/or Gregor. The latter two seem solid statwise and Sumia has B/A supports with Chrom and Robin and getting a speed buff is such an important thing in Lunatic. Pretty much abandoned Vaike, Kellam, Stahl, Miriel and Panne although I do bring Ricken and Maribelle from time to time. Not sure about Gaius or Nowi yet.

Top Bottom