• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Time to Tip the Scales Again! - Robin Social Thread

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
I imagine we may get a new FE rep from Fire Emblem: Three Houses's release - depending if Sakurai finds a new waifu or Nintendo pressures him to advertise the new FE(Roy and Corrin). Let's keep this about our out-of-shape, magic-casting. pair shipping, war tactician ok?

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Can anyone here see Morgan as a Robin Echo Fighter a possibility? It'd be better than Celica as the Robin clone.
Morgan_(FE13_Artwork).png

Last edited:

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
I’d love to see some villager style alternate colors for Robin where each alt is a different face with different hair and maybe even a different voice.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Looks like he got his chance after all! I think I have a new preference over Ike.

Nah

Smash Champion
I imagine there’ll be plenty of complaining over this

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
How so? I may not like Chrom as a character, but I'm glad he is in for two things:

His fans are happy

Robin gets a new FS.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I imagine there’ll be plenty of complaining over this
I expect a 20-paged Essay why Chrom doesn't deserve to be in Smash, and why FE doesn't deserve the number of playable characters it has.

How so? I may not like Chrom as a character, but I'm glad he is in for two things:

His fans are happy

Robin gets a new FS.
Because he's a FE character. That's literally it. People would groan at the idea of Fire Emblem receiving any more characters. Pre-E3, I saw a lot of people were very cut-happy towards FE. Lucina, Roy, and Corrin were often be cut from their rosters. People would often say among their least wanted newcomers is anyone from FE. Doesn't matter if they could bring in new weapon type like Hector or Ephraim, the main character of the most recent game like Alm and Celica, or upcoming FE title like Edelgard and friends. Just being a FE character is enough for people to be dismissive towards them.

People took too much stock in Sakurai's "Too many FE characters" comment and preaching it around like it was gospel, and despite that, we got Chrom. His hesitation of including Corrin at first was understandable in Smash 4 since we got Robin, Lucina promoted to her own character, and a returning Roy. Ultimate, on the other hand, is a different beast altogether. Now, Chrom made be all we get from FE for Ultimate. There's still DLC which has a project plan of its own I'm sure.

But there's one important thing about the Direct: Killing Edge. Fire Emblem finally got its first item added to Smash.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Knowing how Nintendo likes to advertise new FEs through Smash, I can expect those groans to prolong as it's not unexpected for a new DLC character from the new FE coming next year.

Chrom's kit so far does annoy me a bit and adds to why I don't see him as a unique enough fighter. But he finally got his shot. Sakurai doesn't back down on promises it seems.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
God I'm curious as to what's gonna happen with Robin's Final Smash now.
Is it gonna be Morgan (with Female/Male Morgan being for Male/Female Robin respectively) in the pair-up instead?
Is it gonna be Grima getting unleashed?

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Well, in Robin-related news from the Direct, we got more info on a couple moves such as F-tilt looking and performing differently now and a confirmation of Elwind being controllable, but Robin had little screen time

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Robin barely got any screen time since Ultimate was announced. It's unfortunate. :(

Also, this is the first time I've ever participated in Robin forums before, so hi!

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Robin barely got any screen time since Ultimate was announced. It's unfortunate. :(

Also, this is the first time I've ever participated in Robin forums before, so hi!
Robin seemed to be one of the unfinished fights (Wolf, Olimar) during E3 so I wouldn't doubt he's still receiving tweaks.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Robin seemed to be one of the unfinished fights (Wolf, Olimar) during E3 so I wouldn't doubt he's still receiving tweaks.
So I've heard. Him being unfinished during E3 could mean one of two things—he's either currently undergoing through massive overhaul, or that he's been put as low priority and hardly had any work on done on him since it's already decided that he's not going to get much changes. I personally hope that it's the latter, since I liked the way he played back in Smash 4.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
He is definitely still being worked on. If you go to the Robin trailer, you'll see her Bronze Sword spaz out of existence after Thoron. Plus, what we deciphered so far such as Ftilt's change and the Jab change(go to the main Robin changes thread to see what I mean) , yeah, our boi/gurl may be completely revamped as a few moves are getting noticeable changes, well, for the Bronze Sword it seems so far.

Just note that the universal mechanic changes such as being able to attack with little-to-no start-up frames in a jump makes this a very big buff for Robin's Levin Sword air game - that is presuming his run speed is also buffed.

Last edited:

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
So I've heard. Him being unfinished during E3 could mean one of two things—he's either currently undergoing through massive overhaul, or that he's been put as low priority and hardly had any work on done on him since it's already decided that he's not going to get much changes. I personally hope that it's the latter, since I liked the way he played back in Smash 4.
He is definitely still being worked on. If you go to the Robin trailer, you'll see her Bronze Sword spaz out of existence after Thoron. Plus, what we deciphered so far such as Ftilt's change and the Jab change(go to the main Robin changes thread to see what I mean) , yeah, our boi/gurl may be completely revamped as a few moves are getting noticeable changes, well, for the Bronze Sword it seems so far.

Just note that the universal mechanic changes such as being able to attack with little-to-no start-up frames in a jump makes this a very big buff for Robin's Levin Sword air game - that is presuming his run speed is also buffed.
It makes sense, his whole book gimmick works around him having some of the best projectile specials that you have to keep track of. The problem was and is that he doesn't keep up with competition once they break he has no defense as his only push back tools are aerials and his tilts.

Folt

Smash Ace
I just saw Robin's reworked green costume and might I say it may be the one I use.
where can we go to see all the new renders?
Seconding the second quote. I really want to see his new green render (unless you're talking about screenshots).

Also, this new Cipher image for Robin (and Grima) is awesome and I love it and I want the cards even if I don't speak Japanese because Robin is best boy:

https://twitter.com/FEcipher/status/1043047223385186305

Arthur97

Smash Master
Seconding the second quote. I really want to see his new green render (unless you're talking about screenshots).

Also, this new Cipher image for Robin (and Grima) is awesome and I love it and I want the cards even if I don't speak Japanese because Robin is best boy:

Wow, they actually did a Cipher male Robin possessed. Either way, those cards are awesome. Hope we get grandmaster costumes.

Anywho, I haven't seen any alternate color renders for either Robin, but they did reveal female Robin's full render.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
where can we go to see all the new renders?

I apologized if I inadvertently mislead any of you. I was referring to the final image on his Smash 5 page that has his/ her green and pink costumes shown off. I didn't look at it fully before and someone mentioned its design rework (recolored the hair brunette and toned down the intensity of the green)
Wow, they actually did a Cipher male Robin possessed. Either way, those cards are awesome. Hope we get grandmaster costumes.

Anywho, I haven't seen any alternate color renders for either Robin, but they did reveal female Robin's full render.
But considering the basic female render has been released we have four of the expected eight color schemes shown.

Folt

Smash Ace
Just realized, but by coloring his hair in a browner shade, Green!Robin now references Mark, the original self-insert FE character.

Arthur97

Smash Master
New direct announced and the thing I'm most worried about is Tharja potentially replacing Chrom.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm over here praying for Morgan to get in.

My sweet, sweet daughter Morgan.

Technically, it's Robin's daughter, but still...

Folt

Smash Ace
Knockback of throw was changed so checkmate is gone.

Robin does get much better run speed and a new snazzy Levin nair. Also, the universal change to jabs acts as a huge buff to Wind jab. :love:

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
DThrow is nerfed huh. Saw that coming, I admit.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I've noticed something odd...all of the gameplay footage seems to be with Male Robin which I find odd since the Smash community seemed really biased toward Female Robin for some reason.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I've noticed something odd...all of the gameplay footage seems to be with Male Robin which I find odd since the Smash community seemed really biased toward Female Robin for some reason.
Yeah i wanted to see a female one, but maybe spain likes male robin ;p
At least we get to see some of the gameplay :)
Robin has a bit better aerial mobility now, so they might be better. Will want to try, anyway.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I almost exclusively use Male Robin so I'm fine with it. Just seemed odd is all.

Coincidentally, Female Corrin seems to be getting much more playtime than Male Corrin as expected.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I almost exclusively use Male Robin so I'm fine with it. Just seemed odd is all.

Coincidentally, Female Corrin seems to be getting much more playtime than Male Corrin as expected.
Ive seen a lot of default skins. It's possible they dont bother with changing colors sometimes :O

Arthur97

Smash Master
Ive seen a lot of default skins. It's possible they dont bother with changing colors sometimes :O
Pretty sure I've seen at least white coat Robin and maybe even green. For that matter, I'm not sure I've seen either default.

Top Bottom