• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time to give you all a wake up call....

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Forget about the rumors, the leaks, the blind arguing, and anything else....

and just look at this pic.

This is how much work they put into the game. Look how friggen gorgeous the background is!

A game where it relies solely on fighting, they really went crazy with making this game gorgeous....

So much effort put into this game...

Do you REALLY think they will slack it up and make it horrible? Of course they won't. So stop whining about how the world is coming to an end if your favorite character dosen't make the cut.

Because regardless of what happens, the game will be great.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
i nvr thought this game will turn out bad, but if the backround looks that GOOD!! this game will be better then any of us imagined :)

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Why yes, Gameplay---->Graphics...

But you're MISSING THE POINT.

I got it LavisFiend, and you're right, and no I cant be bothered to explain it to who doesnt get this, this should be obvious...

FuryVII

Smash Rookie
The OP's point is that the are putting in a lot of work to make this an all around great game and this is evidenced by the background detail in that shot.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
petition for marth to be back in the game ?!?!?! LOL but yeah i want this game to be a xbox killer or halo killer cuz im tired of my friends taunting my wii with their 360s so PLEASE

ONLINE play with rankings and such

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
Okay so you're evidence for the game being amazing is trees in the background?

There are alot more games out there that impress substantially more visually than this one.

But I do not deny this game will be great, your reasons are just kind of funny to me.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
well obviously we agree that gameplay is better than graphics, or else we'll probably be some PS3 fan boy.

I agree very much with this. So what if a certain char doesn't make it? Theres no way they can make the game so perfect that everyone loves it, why not just enjoy the game like you should?

Point of the thread: They worked their *** off, it's an awesome game, stop complaining.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Forget about the rumors, the leaks, the blind arguing, and anything else....

and just look at this pic.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea06/modea06_070919d-l.jpg

This is how much work they put into the game. Look how friggen gorgeous the background is!

A game where it relies solely on fighting, they really went crazy with making this game gorgeous....

So much effort put into this game...

Do you REALLY think they will slack it up and make it horrible? Of course they won't. So stop whining about how the world is coming to an end if your favorite character dosen't make the cut.

Because regardless of what happens, the game will be great.
Super Mario Galaxy looked amazing but it's a highly mediocre game. It looks pretty, but the stage design kind of sucks and it's way too easy to be a good Mario title.

Bluerockworld

Smash Apprentice
I think what he/she/it/potato(can't trust the net ;_; ) is trying to say is we can only guess on how the game will turn out gameplay wise, but graphic wise it is intense and amazing!

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Super Mario Galaxy looked amazing but it's a highly mediocre game. It looks pretty, but the stage design kind of sucks and it's way too easy to be a good Mario title.
Then you havent collected all the stars as Mario and Luigi, and you know next to nothing about previous mario titles. IGN seems to disagree with you, its either you or them who are wrong. I know who id put my money on.

Now a good example in the Gameplay>Graphics argument would be Final Fantasy X-2. Beautiful looking, mind numbing gameplay.
And i dare say that Bomberman 64 has excellent gameplay, even though the graphics wherent crash hot.

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
It's nice to run into a thread like this that makes people stop and appreciate things.

Sad part is most people don't appreciate ****.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
The environment graphics aren't a big change from Melee. It' the character models (and only the playable ones, ATs and Pokéballs are disappointing) that get me. One of the nicest looking Wii games though (there aren't many)

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Many people need to actually wake up...and SEE THE FUDGING POINT OF THIS THREAD.

I'm thinking about going through and finding the little things in all of the DOJO updates...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Here's the problem: People are running out of patience, the last few weeks it's been extremely hard to read the General Brawl Discussion due to the extremely high amount of random stuff being thrown out all over the place. Leaks, rumours, real information, fake information, delays... it's really a headache.

It really distrubs me how quickly things can pummel. The accusations, the insults, and the pure frustrating context of alot of it can make people extremely irritable.

People are so hungry for information that they've resorted to consuming each over the most petite things possible and to the fact that this close to the JPN release the uncertainity is only increase this anger. For the most part my hype and enutastium for Brawl hasn't faultered at all. However, my faith in this community way of handling uncertainity is a little unsettling.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Many people need to actually wake up...and SEE THE FUDGING POINT OF THIS THREAD.

I'm thinking about going through and finding the little things in all of the DOJO updates...
But it has no real point. They made the game looks pretty? Well yeah it's the general standard now, it should be pretty if they expect it to sell. Us, as the consumer, should not have to care or aknowledge the effort they put into the game, because its not like we're being given it for free, we ARE paying, and they do WANT our money.

Doesnt give me any more respected for the people working on the game. It IS their job after all...

undeadkirby

Smash Cadet
the point that lavisfiend is trying to make is that if they put that much effort into just the background then (logically) they would hav put even more effort into the rest of the game. gameplay for exaple. However, im not saying that good graphics make a good game.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
The point that lavisfiend is trying to make is that he likes to post pointless threads every once in a while.

Top Bottom