• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time for hockey playoffs!

Bowser87

Smash Lord
Yes, it's playoff time in the NHL. Unfortunately the Montreal Canadiens couldn't qualify, but I won't talk about it.

So here are the series:

Buffalo Sabres vs New York Islanders

Montreal should have been there. They were the only ones who could beat Buffalo, who will beat the Islanders easily. All of Buffalo's players are now back from injury, and if they're not as unlucky as last year they could go all the way this time.

New Jersey Devils vs Tampa Bay Lightning

NJ fired their coach Claude Julien one week before the playoffs, despite having a very good season. That was *****. I hope they get creamed. Unfortunately Tampa Bay aren't the ideal team to do that, with their goaltending problems. Lecavalier and St-Louis are so good though, they can get past Brodeur, I'm gonna go with Tampa, that is, with my heart rather than my head.

Atlanta Thrashers vs New York Rangers

An interesting match-up, these two teams should be playing against better ones in the first round, since Atlanta finished with less points than Ottawa and Pittsburgh. It's Atlanta's youth vs NYR's experience. NYR have a better goalie. I think they'll have the edge.

Ottawa Senators vs Pittsburgh Penguins

What a series that's gonna be! Crosby's first playoff experience. Again, experience vs youth, although Pittsburgh added Roberts to their line-up, and they have Recchi. I hope Pittsburgh, and Ottawa haven't been that impressive that year, they have a tendency to underestimate their opponents, while the Pens never give up. I think they can get through.

In the West:

Detroit Red Wings vs Calgary Flames

The Wings have been inconsistent in the last couple of playoffs, but so were the Flames all season long. I don't see Calgary's poor offense getting past Hasek, the Wings should win this.

Anaheim (Mighty) Ducks vs Minnesota Wild

Why did the Ducks change their name? Oh well I still like them. And their team this year looks like a machine made for going far in the post-season. Niedermayer and Pronger, 2 of the 5 top defensemen, how can you beat that? And Selanne out to win his first Cup. I have a lot of respect for the Wild and their coach Jacques Lemaire, and they'll certainly give up a good fight, but Anaheim are too strong.

Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars

Dallas and their goalie Turco have a bad reputation in the playoffs. On the otherhand, Vancouver's goalie Luongo is nearly unbeatable. Plus their coach comes from my town, Hull. Go Canucks! I think they'll beat Dallas without too many problems, but the Stars do have a lot of good veterans and talent.

Nashville Predators vs San Jose Sharks

THE biggest matchup. To think that one of these 2 will have to go after one round. The Sharks are my 2nd favourite team so I'll go with them. Despite finishing 5th in the West, they have the 2nd biggest number of victories behind Buffalo so they're not to be overlooked. There's so much talent in those 2 teams, it's too tough to call. Oh, and I'll say Sharks win in 7. But what a disappointment it would be for Nashville, after having given up so much to get Forsberg. They had to get a better ranking.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Lol I don't watch hockey, but I'm hoping that Anaheim gets killed because I hate the LA Angels in baseball. They used to be Anaheim but now they're LA.

Top Bottom