• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tilts

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Ok, now i consider myself an average, and not great, but not bad Kirby player. I have had Melee for a year, and Brawl since it came out, but my controller is pretty cheap. I know that to do a tilt, you have to push the stick in a direction slowly or not all of the way. I can perform tilts, but they are awkwardly placed and not often used by me. The problem is, I just cant figure out how to go from a throw or smash into tilts fairly quickly, resulting in me being punished for it. If you could give me advice on moving into tilts it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if I sound noobish (and I know i do) but I really have a hard time moving into tilts efficiently.

-Redux

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
this isn't a kirby-related problem as it is a... you related problem.

I think you may view tilts a little differently from what they actually are. The control stick can be moved all the way in a direction and a tilt can still be performed... in fact this is the best way.

Consider the difference between tilting and smashing as similar to the difference between running and walking. Its all about the speed at which you move the control stick toward your desired direction.

If you still have problems, it is very easy to dtilt and utilt using the cstick. To do this you move the control stick in the direction you want to tilt and then flick the cstick in that direction. Instead of smashing you will tilt.

If you can get good with tilting with the control stick + A, which you should, eventually you'll be able to tilt at various angles which is more beneficial for kirby than most other characters. What I mean is, you can angle Kirby's ftilt up and down as well as just straight forward. It all has to do with precision.

I'm not sure what else I can say other than suggest you go into training mode and just spend some time working on your transition speed between an attack and a tilt.

Top Bottom