• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tilts occasionally stop working for no reason

Kmpok

Smash Rookie
Hi guys!

Isabelle main here and I am new to these forums but I do plan to frequent them from now on.

I read through the forum rules and I believe I am posting this in the right place but if I am not, let me know.

I have recently come across an issue with tilting that is causing me some trouble.

While in quick play, I will have times when my tilts stop working for like 2 seconds and I have no idea why. This usually happens after I do something like a dash attack then a spot dodge and then…. I can’t tilt after that for like 2 seconds even if I spam it even if my opponent is doing nothing to stop me from tilting.

And this is for all tilts. Up, down, left, right.

I have confirmed this issue happens on multiple different controllers. I have also NOT been able to reproduce the issue in arena matches, only quickplay.

Is there some tech that I am not aware of that I need to learn? And sorry if this is a noob question. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have also NOT been able to reproduce it in training mode.

Last edited:

Kmpok

Smash Rookie
Well, I found the issue. It was not letting the stick go back to the very center after doing a FAIR or BAIR with it. The solution is to simply quickly take my thumb off the stick after the FAIR or BAIR, land and then tilt.

a1pin3

Smash Rookie
I've been having this issue as well. It's so ****ing annoying, especially whenever the tilts are leading to combos. I thought for me this is occurred due to my set up with the GameCube controller's c-stick mapped to tilts and the lag that was occurring in my games. Might be a bit different in your situation but I hope this gives you an idea of what may also be wrong.

Kmpok

Smash Rookie
I've been having this issue as well. It's so ****ing annoying, especially whenever the tilts are leading to combos. I thought for me this is occurred due to my set up with the GameCube controller's c-stick mapped to tilts and the lag that was occurring in my games. Might be a bit different in your situation but I hope this gives you an idea of what may also be wrong.
Thank you. Try what I mentioned above about quickly simply removing your thumb from the tilt stick all together and then tilting. That is working for me now.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
It's a hard to break habit, but yeah you basically just gotta get into the habit of returning your stick to neutral rather than continuously pressing or tapping it or it seizes and stops accepting further input.

a1pin3

Smash Rookie
Thank you. Try what I mentioned above about quickly simply removing your thumb from the tilt stick all together and then tilting. That is working for me now.
thanks this has helped me quite a lot

Top Bottom