• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tilt-sticking

HeWhoCanSee

Smash Cadet
Is there a reason why setting my C-stick to "attack" makes me perform up-smashes instead of up-tilts? Whenever I tilt my C-stick to the side, I get forward-tilts, but I get up-smashes and down-smashes otherwise.

I can understand why tilt-sticking would be removed in general, since it might be seen as a crutch some players would rely on. But f-tilt is throwing me off. The inconsistency makes me think it might be unintentional, or there's a glitch somewhere. What's going on here?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
This is completely unintentional. We have no way of seeing what your controls are set to. We just check if you're pressing cstick in order to do up and down smashes while already holding the direction. Tilts are inputted as direction + A. Smashes are also inputted the same way by the cstick. This will be fixed eventually.

HeWhoCanSee

Smash Cadet
This is completely unintentional. We have no way of seeing what your controls are set to. We just check if you're pressing cstick in order to do up and down smashes while already holding the direction. Tilts are inputted as direction + A. Smashes are also inputted the same way by the cstick. This will be fixed eventually.
Understood. Thanks for responding. =D

Top Bottom