• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tilt Smashes are hard to do?

RJfox

Smash Rookie
Is it me or is the sensitivity on the thumbstuck for performing tilt smashed really high? I find it near impossible to do them properly because as it keeps triggering my smash attacks. Anyone else have this issue?

Ashpash

Smash Rookie
Is it me or is the sensitivity on the thumbstuck for performing tilt smashed really high? I find it near impossible to do them properly because as it keeps triggering my smash attacks. Anyone else have this issue?
By tilt smashes do you mean angled forward smashes (like how Little Mac has options of diagonally up, diagonally down, and forward)? Or do you mean forward tilt, up tilt, down tilt (which are executed by moving the stick about half way from neutral position and pressing A)?

Last edited:

RJfox

Smash Rookie
By tilt smashes do you mean angled forward smashes (like how Little Mac has options of diagonally up, diagonally down, and forward)? Or do you mean forward tilt, up tilt, down tilt (which are executed by moving the stick about half way from neutral position and pressing A)?
i mean tilt like villagers stick or umbrella, or megamans uppercut

Staphf

Smash Rookie
Seems about the same to me. Make sure that you move the stick BEFORE you hit the A button. Try dashing, then tapping R, letting go of R and tapping A right away. That's a really easy way to do it. Or just walk instead of dash if you really are having problems.

I'm pretty sure he means tilts.

RJfox

Smash Rookie
it's working. Funny, i actually thought i had broken the stick that easy on my xl. :p

Ashpash

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it looks like they increased the sensitivity for using smash attacks (so that ppl aren't slamming their control sticks to the side too hard).

It does feel that way though, you're right, I noticed the same thing the first day of the demo!

It looks like it's more about the timing; if you press A + direction lightly at the same time, it'll still be a smash, not just A + direction SMASHINGLY at the same time.

zozo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0146-9842-1089
Up tilts are easier for me on my 2DS than on my gamecube controller for some reason.

Top Bottom