• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tik

Tik

Smash Rookie
Nothing too special.
With all the hype for recent tournaments and new tournaments (thanks to upcoming Smash games), I couldn't help but feel like now was the best time to try and join in on the deeper side of the series.

As for a more personal input, I'd like to introduce myself as Tik. As of right now, I'm just a lowly leveled Falcon main with aspiring goals, although I do eventually plan to better myself to the point of at-least attending local tourneys. (Something that seems currently out of grasp considering that I live in Houston.)
I grew up with the N64, so it'd be safe to assume that one of my most beloved games was Smash 64, although I did spend all of those years, as well as most of my time in melee, playing essentially no one aside from Mario or Fox. (I'm just assuming we've all had those moments of picking only our favorite video game characters?) Sadly, this led to myself becoming tired of the series and putting it off until brawl, which was only able to keep my attention for so much longer.

I wasn't necessarily able to regain a foothold on the games until I found some pre-historic videos of Isai in Smash 64 that I adored. I spent about the next six months or so practicing that same 64 style until I found a small group of friends that actually wanted to play brawl with me. We did our thing with brawl for the next 6 months or so (where I fell in love with Fox's moveset) until we finally decided to upgrade to project M (seeing as nobody owned a copy of melee).
Starting from there, I've spent about a year off-and-on, getting better and worse along the way.

What I hope to gain is some rookie tips and basic ideas to keep in mind when playing Falcon?
I'm perfectly accepting of questions. Although I would like to apologize for the seemingly rushed quality of the post. It is rather late.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Welcome to Smashboards!

As far as Falcon tips go, I'd recommend having a look around the forums in Character Discussion (for PM if that's what you're focusing on at the moment) and see what you can learn there.

General tips, I'll actually recommend Quilt's guide

Hope you find that info of some use :)

Tik

Smash Rookie
Thank you. I may as well study up as I've got a decent amount of spare free-time this summer.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Thank you. I may as well study up as I've got a decent amount of spare free-time this summer.
Same here. Video game wise I'll probably be spending my time replaying Xenoblade Chronicles, Infamous Second Son and continuing to play some MK8.

Top Bottom