• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Predictions

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Looking at Rosa, she's tricky. If there's anything I've gathered, she is really tall, and really floaty. She doesn't look extremely quick though, but Luma may make up for that. It's uncertain but I would say he would be at best mid ( And no bias because of my avatar :p)

And someone mentioned before that her metagame may take time, so there's that. Honestly she doesn't look too quick but only when we can play is when we should be able to tell.

Luigi player

Smash Master
It's impossible to tell, because we can't really know how everything is going to be.

But still, I like predictions and as far as the info we got...

Diddy: depends on if glide tossing is back / he can still pluck naners/how they work / how else he's different. if everything stays the same the range buff would obviously buff him a bit, and his more angleable upB.

Little Mac: we'll have to wait and see how his power-punch will work and if there are good characters that can get him offstage. he has a lot of super armor in his attacks so it's possible he can do well even against falco and others, as long as they can't get him offstage/gimp him...

Lucario: seems to be buffed a bit, so it might be save to assume he'll be around where he is in brawl (around high tier), but like many have said, there could be so many little changes with his attacks etc that could end up mattering a lot.

Dedede: who knows. if he doesn't get his chaingrab he could get worse than in brawl. since they probably didn't buff him too much

Zelda: no idea

Marth: better shield breaker is scary. if he stays mostly the same he'll be really good, as he's always been

Rosalina&Luma: no idea how this will work out. could be pretty good, could also be too much of a gimmick

Sonic: too few things known imo atm, could still be around lower mid, unless he got nice buffs (better frame data/kill moves/more grabrange?)

Toon Link: no idea

Peach: no idea

Luigi: no idea

Olimar: no idea (hopefully less annoying to play against)

Villager: seems really gimmicky. could be really good, could be too gimmicky with his slow and weird moves. but IF they work, they will be great.

Mario: who knows... I can't imagine Mario being good, lol, but maybe they will make it possible.

DK: no idea

Megaman: tbh, it looks like he could end up sucking (he has to take risks for most of his combat moves, so he'll either have a really good grab/projectiles or he'll suck) , maybe his special moves and aerials/smashes will help him out

Wii Fit Trainer: looks pretty decent. ~high tier?

Link: dunno, but his recovery still seems really bad..

Samus: who knows, she looked a little faster this time. Maybe if she'll get an actual kill move she could do something besides doing damage...

Kirby: no idea

Fox: no idea

Pikachu: no idea

Bowser: it looks like he has heavy armor on his jabs. and he's overall faster and his moves are different. i'm interested to see how he works out. he could end up being a decent fighter, but who knows...

R0Y

Smash Master
The Debut Trailer also showed that most of Samus' moves got sped up....a lot.
You're right, even though Youtube encodes at like 30 FPS and Smash 4 will be faster than Brawl, which make it harder to tell there's definitely something sped up.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Hopefully this time Samus is a bit less floaty. Also, the fact that her short hop is barely shorter than a full jump has bugged me to no end. Her excessive floatiness in previous Smash games has been enough to turn people off from her playstyle.

wm1026

Smash Cadet
I really hope little mac isn't too useless in the air. He is one of the main newcomers I want to try, him and pacman.

Top Bottom