• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[THWOMP] Still hasn’t made the cut

Ol' Thwomper

Smash Rookie
This is something I’ve expressed my opinion on years before and still no dice. Sakurai is just playing games and not taking any risks with new characters. We are on the 5th iteration so maybe this will finally be the chance for him to be playable. Earlier, I pulled some hot Mario classics off my shelves and was playin them. And I came to realization earlier, when my greatest enemy kept felling me. You want to know who that was? Thats right, you guessed it. The mighty and powerful Thwomp. Someone who should not be taken lightly in any sense of the meaning. Now...we have had three smash games and where has he been? I honestly think he would make a good character. There is alot to work with. Look, right off the bat I can think of his B-down attack. He can use his body weight and his superior fighting power to his advantage. He can slam down with the force of a titan and smash his opponents with his b-down attack. I think he would make a great asset to the Smash Brother roster.

Here is a video for some idea's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyhMaKB8-KU

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
This is something I’ve expressed my opinion on years before and still no dice. Sakurai is just playing games and not taking any risks with new characters. We are on the 5th iteration so maybe this will finally be the chance for him to be playable. Earlier, I pulled some hot Mario classics off my shelves and was playin them. And I came to realization earlier, when my greatest enemy kept felling me. You want to know who that was? Thats right, you guessed it. The mighty and powerful Thwomp. Someone who should not be taken lightly in any sense of the meaning. Now...we have had three smash games and where has he been? I honestly think he would make a good character. There is alot to work with. Look, right off the bat I can think of his B-down attack. He can use his body weight and his superior fighting power to his advantage. He can slam down with the force of a titan and smash his opponents with his b-down attack. I think he would make a great asset to the Smash Brother roster.

Here is a video for some idea's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyhMaKB8-KU
We actually DO have a big Thwomp fan on here who I'm sure would be delighted to discuss all things heavy and rectangle.

May want to change the thread title to Thwomp to allow people to know who you're on about. I know your username should give a clue, but it's best to do the thread title too.

Ol' Thwomper

Smash Rookie
We actually DO have a big Thwomp fan on here who I'm sure would be delighted to discuss all things heavy and rectangle.

May want to change the thread title to Thwomp to allow people to know who you're on about. I know your username should give a clue, but it's best to do the thread title too.

Updated the title. Thank you :)

Hom3fly

Smash Cadet
If Ridley can get in, I want Thwomp. People have been crying for Waluigi, but honestly I think it'd be a huge snub for Thwomp to be left out

Ol' Thwomper

Smash Rookie
I hear ya man. You hear the screams from the back for waluigi and Ripley all the while people are ignoring someone who has been there since the first Mario game. I didnt even know there were that many Alien fans who liked Ripley so much. Don’t think she will make that good of a fit unless they add xenomorphs too

Last edited by a moderator:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning on getting Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games for my 3DS. I support!

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
It is so delightful to see a gentlemen of such fine tastes. Ive been silently supporting Thwomp since March of 2016, and I think he would be a great heavyweight, villain, and truly unique. Sakurai would get very creative, since he would be the only fighter in Smash Bros to have no arms, legs, hands or feet. In fact, I made a moveset for Thwomp in my case for Thwomp thread. Id love to hear the input of another Thwomp fan. (See, we DO exist!)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the single deadliest enemy in Mario history is actually the first Goomba in Super Mario Bros level 1-1

Oddball

Smash Lord
I think the single deadliest enemy in Mario history is actually the first Goomba in Super Mario Bros level 1-1
I think the goomba has the numbers, but the highest percentage of kills probabaly goes to the Hammer Bros in the first game.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I'm sorry guys, but I think Chain Chomp has a bigger chance. He has a mii hat in Smash 4 and hasn't been shown as an Assist Trophy in Ultimate.

Maybe next time.

Top Bottom