• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thursday Night Doubles Tournament (2/19)

DrChops

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone,

Updated! Due to the large number of people who signed up, I created a IRC chat. You must be at the IRC chat at the start of the tournament!
LINK: http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.globalgamers.net&channel=#ThursdayDoubles

I'll be hosting a doubles tournament this Thursday (2/19) at 7 pm EST. If you haven't done doubles before, I would recommend giving it a shot. Its a lot more fun than singles ;) . Please feel free to use this thread to find a teammate if you don't have one! To sign up, please follow the link below:

http://challonge.com/TNDST

Go to my Twitch channel during the tournament for communication proposes: http://www.twitch.tv/drchops89
(If the tournament gets big, I'll make an IRC chat. But Twitch should be okay for < 20 teams)

Rules:
2 v 2 (You find your own team. Use this thread to find a partner if needed!)

3 stock, 8 minutes
Best 2 out of 3 (even finals)
Team attack ON
Customs ON (No equipment!)
Mii Characters ON (I have never seen anyone use them anyway)
Swiss rounds then DE bracket (top cut)
You and your partner CAN play at the same Wii U
You can only be on one team! (And your Wii U can be used by only one team)

Starter Stages: (1-2-1 or Gentlemen's)
BF
FD
SV
T&C
Laylat

Counterpicks (Winner gets 2 bans, then loser picks)
DK 64
Skyloft
Duck Hunt
Castle Siege
Halberd

Please feel free to use this thread to find a teammate if you don't have one!

http://challonge.com/TNDST To sign up (in case you didn't see it above)

Last edited:

truballers

Smash Cadet
This will be my first tournament , Good luck to all : ) I signed up and I'm teaming up with my brother on the same Wii U . Is he automatically on my team now that I signed up ? Or does he need to create a separate account ?

DrChops

Smash Apprentice
This will be my first tournament , Good luck to all : ) I signed up and I'm teaming up with my brother on the same Wii U . Is he automatically on my team now that I signed up ? Or does he need to create a separate account ?
Thanks for joining!

You only need one Challonge account, so you are fine. When the tournament starts, you'll give your NNID to your opponent(s) on my Twitch channel and you'll add each other as friends then set up a room. You'll make/join the room with 2 players.

All he has to do is get ready to fight.

Cool im in
Awesome!

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
I wish I could enter, unfortunately I'll be busy on Thursday, but if you did this again, if I'm not busy, then I'd really love to enter. Also, would there be any prizes?

DrChops

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could enter, unfortunately I'll be busy on Thursday, but if you did this again, if I'm not busy, then I'd really love to enter. Also, would there be any prizes?
If there is a lot of interest, I will host it this every week. I don't plan on offering physical prizes but that could change in the future.

Last edited:

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
If there is a lot of interest, I will host it this every week. I don't plan on offering physical prizes but that could change in the future.
That'd be awesome, Thursday nights are really not the best for me right now, but whenever I get a day off it'd be awesome. And ok, I'd be fine with no prizes anyway, do you plan on doing Jack of all Trades again anytime soon? I wanted to do it saturday, but then it was canceled.

DrChops

Smash Apprentice
That'd be awesome, Thursday nights are really not the best for me right now, but whenever I get a day off it'd be awesome. And ok, I'd be fine with no prizes anyway, do you plan on doing Jack of all Trades again anytime soon? I wanted to do it saturday, but then it was canceled.
Sorry about that Torterra, but I am going to start doing "Jack of All Trades" bi-weekly now. We only had 5 people sign up last week (which is my fault for putting it on Valentine's Day) but it was clear that some of the "core" players were getting a little tired of being certain characters again and again. So I am trying not to overdo the tournament too much and maybe change the characters bans from 2 to 5. I need a week to think about it.

On another note, a guy on reddit is looking for a teammate. Respond to this if you are interested, or tell him on reddit: (http://www.reddit.com/r/SmashConnec...online_thursday_night_doubles_tournament_219/)

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
Sorry about that Torterra, but I am going to start doing "Jack of All Trades" bi-weekly now. We only had 5 people sign up last week (which is my fault for putting it on Valentine's Day) but it was clear that some of the "core" players were getting a little tired of being certain characters again and again. So I am trying not to overdo the tournament too much and maybe change the characters bans from 2 to 5. I need a week to think about it.

On another note, a guy on reddit is looking for a teammate. Respond to this if you are interested, or tell him on reddit: (http://www.reddit.com/r/SmashConnec...online_thursday_night_doubles_tournament_219/)
Ok, well please let me know then when you figure out the rules, I had wanted to join it before, but I was busy, because I think it's for sure a good idea. And no thank you on that, I have a friend I'd enter with, or a brother, thanks for the offer though.

Andromedous

Smash Rookie
My partner cancelled and unless I can get another partner by tomorrow I won't be able to participate :( anybody hopping into this thread want to partner up with me? I'm primarily a support :) and a damn good one at that

DrChops

Smash Apprentice
My partner cancelled and unless I can get another partner by tomorrow I won't be able to participate :( anybody hopping into this thread want to partner up with me? I'm primarily a support :) and a damn good one at that
Anybody still looking for a partner? I'm sure we'll find you someone, so don't worry about it.

As a reminder to everyone: Remember to check in on Challonge before the start of the tournament at 7 pm!

SirPro

Smash Rookie
Let's say that I signed up using my Challonge account. If my brother, who also has an account of his own, played with me, how will this tournament show up in his account record?

godwit1ivy

Smash Rookie
NNID
godwit1ivy
With so many teams signed up, are you leaning towards setting up an IRC?

DrChops

Smash Apprentice
With so many teams signed up, are you leaning towards setting up an IRC?
Yeah, I actually am. I'll get that set up some time today.

Let's say that I signed up using my Challonge account. If my brother, who also has an account of his own, played with me, how will this tournament show up in his account record?
It won't. I'm not sure why it matters, but you can edit your name in the bracket to have his and yours. It won't count in the "official Challonge account record" but you can still have it for bragging rights.

SirPro

Smash Rookie
Sounds good, we'll be joining this so hopefully this will be fun!

DrChops

Smash Apprentice
I added a link to an IRC chat. Could someone verify that the link works for them? Thanks.

DrChops

Smash Apprentice
Tournament starts in an hour! Be sure to get to the IRC chat and hit the check in button on Challonge after 6:30!

Top Bottom