• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THUNDERSTORM-The first official "THE ShockWave" Pikachu tourney!-Brackets are up.

tirkaro

Smash Champion

(Original Thread Here)
Alright, the first official ShockWave tournament!

This is a pretty small-time tournament, so it wont be as ROXOR OMG as other online tourneys
The tourney will be organized in a bracket style, single elimination.

the biggest rule is, of course, you can ONLY play as pikachu. This is a pikachu-only tourney, after all.

There are obviously no items/smash balls involved. This tournament is strictly reliant on your skills as pikachu.(Basically, I'm just re-stating traditional tourney fare :p)
The first matches will be 2/3. the Semifinals and finals will be 3/5

each match is 1v1, and 3-stock.

The allowed stages are the ones generally accepted by the smash wars tourney rules:
Legal Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Distant Planet
Battleship Halberd
Bridge of Eldin
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Brinstar
Corneria
Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise
Skyworld
Pictochat
Electroplankton
Shadow Moses Island
Castle Seige
Green Hill Zone
Mario Circuit
Luigi's Mansion
Onett

recording a match is recommended, in case a dispute happens between two players. If a dispute over a match that wasn't recorded happens, then we will resort to a rematch, with me as a spectator. (as in, I'll join the match, commit suicide, and watch how the match unfolds.)

It is recommended you use AIM, skype, or any other form of instant messaging for quick communication.

Winner will recieve a free VC game gifted to them, bragging rights, and placement on front page of THE Shockwave thread.

ROUND 1 BRACKETS:
Green= win Red= lose/forfiet
1-DragonRider-ofSmashBros
2-Pinoy

3-Edgeworth
4-PokemonTrainerLisa

5-Jedstwiilite
6-BananaX

7-tirkaro
8-Gloppagus

9-ussi
10-CrenTIScO

11-superspick007
12-Enkidu

13-Brawler19
14-KosukeKGA

15-Osgiliath
16--: Trey :-

ROUND 2 BRACKETS-
CrenTIScO
superspick007

Osgiliath
14-KosukeKGA

DragonRider-ofSmashBros
PokemonTrainerLisa

ROUND 3(?) BRACKETS-
Osgiliath
CrenTIScO

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
how will the tourny go time wise? it is like you got a certain time period (ie like 5 days) to do your match? or are we all getting on at a specific time and then brawling the whole tourny out?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
how will the tourny go time wise? it is like you got a certain time period (ie like 5 days) to do your match? or are we all getting on at a specific time and then brawling the whole tourny out?
for round one, everyone brawls the entire thing out. The time will depend on how many contestants we have, but we'll try to get around 2 rounds a day. In EST time, I suppose we would have the first round at 7:00 AM-5:00 PM. the next round would be 5:00 PM-10:00 PM. Of course, if everyone is done before 5:00, we could move on early.

But once again, the actual time would depend on how many contestants we get.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
for round one, everyone brawls the entire thing out. The time will depend on how many contestants we have, but we'll try to get around 2 rounds a day. In EST time, I suppose we would have the first round at 7:00 AM-5:00 PM. the next round would be 5:00 PM-10:00 PM. Of course, if everyone is done before 5:00, we could move on early.

But once again, the actual time would depend on how many contestants we get.
._. i have school... but i fit in the 3pm-5pm o.o; then work ._. can you extend round 2 to 11pm?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
._. i have school... but i fit in the 3pm-5pm o.o; then work ._. can you extend round 2 to 11pm?
well, I was just kinda using that as an example.
I suppose I could give an entire day to round 1 (on friday) and apply the previously mentioned time on the weekend.

CrenTIScO

Smash Apprentice
in in in in in IN

I made it to round 3 in the wifi wars tourney and I'm itching for some more competition :)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Signups have ended today! A little less contestants than expected, but it's fine anyway.

Battles start tomarrow. Brackets will be set up soon.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
WHO EVER VERSES USSI, WHICH IS, ME READ THIS!!!!

I am only available on Friday 3:30pm to 4:45pm!! then 10:30pm to 12am!! Try to be on that time cause that's the only time i can be on!!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
THE BRACKETS ARE UP!

1-DragonRider-ofSmashBros
2-Pinoy

3-Edgeworth
4-PokemonTrainerLisa

5-Jedstwiilite
6-BananaX

7-tirkaro
8-Gloppagus

9-ussi
10-CrenTIScO

11-superspick007
12-Enkidu

13-Brawler19
14-KosukeKGA

15-Osgiliath
16--: Trey :-

If you don't show up at all today, that will count as a forfeit, and the other player will win by default.
Set up matches as soon as you can today.

Brawler19

Smash Apprentice
Tirkaro do I need to just add you or add you and my oppenent and what time is the tourney starting? I live in eastern time and my name over pikachu is gonna be Mike so no one trys takes credit for my win if I win

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Tirkaro do I need to just add you or add you and my oppenent and what time is the tourney starting? I live in eastern time and my name over pikachu is gonna be Mike so no one trys takes credit for my win if I win
You only need to add your opponent, unless you want me to referee for some reason.
The tourney is already going on, and it ends tomorrow (1:00 AM EST to be exact)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Are you saying that the first round ends tomorrow or the entire tournament, I've been waiting for my opponent all day! :(
only the first round.

For some reason, A lot of people seem to be MIA today. I'm honestly a bit worried. If this many people end up being absent today, I might have to stretch this round 'till saturday.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Brawler19, get on AIM or MSN or something.

Tirkaro, I feel bad. =[ I actually have a local tourney tomorrow all day.
If brawler19 comes on tomorrow, just kick me from the brackets and give him a bye.

Sorry.

-: Trey :-

Smash Apprentice
yea confirming my lost as expected! Good game man and sorry for making you wait so long, this just totally slipped my mind

Enkidu

Smash Cadet
Hey, sorry I'm late in posting this but I haven't been able to get on all day (it's mah birthday, huzzah!). Superspick... If you're able to play sometime very soon, then hopefully we'll be able to get our match in. If not, I guess we'll both be forfeit or something.

Brawler19

Smash Apprentice
Sorry that I couldn't at 8:00 yesterday Kosuke it was lighting over here in greenwood and I didn't wanna take the risk of my Wii getting fried but im avaialible all day today so if you get online today just send me an pm

tirkaro

Smash Champion
we'll at least we're getting somewhere :)

Hmm, I wonder where's lisa? She was particularly excited about the tournament, so it's shocking that she's MIA.

superspick007

Smash Rookie
Enkidu here, reporting my shameful defeat at the hands of Superspick007. Round 1, 0-2.
good match bro...I think I played better than normal cuz i was rushed to get to work lmao

Me and CrenTIScO are next right? We'll duke it out and post the results soon

Top Bottom