• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thunder's Potential

XQuoteX

Smash Cadet
I have had my doubts on the effectiveness of Pikachu's new Down B, but came across an excellent combo that can be used to kill with since Pikachu has trouble getting KO's in my experience so far. Its a simple Up Throw> Down B and the cloud's spike is what makes this possible. Sorry if my gif quality is not the best, first time recording and making one actually haha.

via Imgflip GIF Maker

As you can see it can be done at 90% in the video but I have had success at 80% as well. Varies between characters though, I would assume lighter opponents can fall victim to this at earlier percentages. Does not quite kill from center stage until about 110-115% unfortunately.

Last edited:

Dvorak

Smash Rookie
Hey just tested this they can DI the Up Throw pretty easily.

XQuoteX

Smash Cadet
Oh is that right? Man what a bummer! Haha oh well. I guess it can be done once in a blue moon in hopes of catching someone off guard who forgets to DI.

Top Bottom