• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thrown animations and nonstandard body parts

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Something I noticed. None of the Thrown animations for characters take into account things like Peach's dress (bones that aren't common to most/all characters). Because of this, that stuff acts really awkwardly when the characters are thrown- the bones revert to their T-pose stance, which results in a lot of weird clipping.
The ones I can think of off the top of my head are:
-Lucario's dreadlocks and tail
-Peach's dress and hair
-Zelda's dress and hair
Pretty much any character with long hair, an article of loose clothing, or a tail.
Peach and Zelda have the most blatantly obvious issues.

I know this is probably low priority, but do you PMBR guys think you could look into fixing these issues at some point?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
It's something we're looking into finding a minimalist fix for- otherwise we'd have to animate every bone for every character on everything thrown animation, I think.

It's a very small issue, has existed since Brawl, and would require a lot of effort.

:phone:

Top Bottom