• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Throw invincibility?

Master_Gamer

Smash Cadet
I dunno if I'm late to the party on this or no one is talking about this yet, but it seems there is throw invincibility during doubles! Has this always been a thing? I'm pretty sure you can hit the other person out of a throw in current doubles.

@ 1:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Sd3B5jPOE

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
As far as I can tell, the person is in the middle of being hit by Kirby's dthrow animation. This might happen in other Smash games; it's hard for me to say because I never play teams without team attack on, but I also can't imagine the victim getting hit and Kirby just stopping doing his dthrow or just drill kicking some empty air because the victim got hit away. I would expect similar behavior if you attacked, say, a Mario or Luigi doing a bthrow or something like that too; I didn't see any hitboxes overlap the victim after the throw actually happened just in the middle of the animation. It's an interesting situation though and a good observation; if anyone is feeling motivated to test this behavior in other Smash games, I'd be interested in your results!

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Noticed this yesterday Where Pikachu's Side B bounces off Bowser's Uthrow rather than getting caught in the move. It seems the I-frames from performing a throw in Smash 4 may have been converted to Invincibility. The same kind of invincibility you get from respawning in a match. Because even in the OP's example you'll notice Marth experiencing hitlag from striking Kirby. And it's not super armor because the person being attacked does not take damage.

Definitely interested in whether this is a strictly doubles/free for all thing or if it happens during singles.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I thought this was going to be a new thing that Sakurai or whoever put in to prevent people from pulling something like a Wombo Combo. I'm glad it's not.

Top Bottom