• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Throw follow ups?

Rachman

be water my friend
I realize a lot of his throw follow ups aren't guaranteed but I saw some PPMD vids and he definitely got some decent conversions off throws. If anyone could tell me what are decent follow ups off throws vs any character that would be greatly appreciated. Stuff I've found is uthrow -> fair for no/slight di against marth and up throw bair against marth sheik at higher/kill %s. Also, up throw shine/dair seemed pretty good vs fox. I don't particularly understand dthrow vs him, should I ever really be down throwing fox or is just a gimmick against people who don't know about it? But yea, if anyone could give me a run down of his throw game vs any (or multiple) top tiers that would be great!

Hubkun

Smash Cadet
He doesnt get direct rewards out of grabs, only stage positioning and if they do di wrong, you can link up some more grabs, or get that boner shine for 50%

Most ppl say that upthrow is the best grab, since the enemy is in the air and you have the advantage, but i say its situational.

Dthrow on a plat is pretty good since they dont have that much room to tech. I use dthrow to see where they tech the most, or at the edge, to get that crisp ftilt to edgeguard.

If you want to discuss more, message me.

Travis 'Tails'

Smash Rookie
downthrow into dashdance outside of their getup attack range and go for the regrab, its ez as crap to get the regrab based off reactions
make sure u pummel inbetween and ur stacking percents quickly and easily

flmo

Smash Rookie
Uthrow is good simply for positioning, especially against floaties, cause having to come down on a spacie is probably one of the worst positions any character can be in generally. I also like back throw near ledge -> low angled ftilt. Not guaranteed or anything, but a lot of people like to go right for the ledge, and the ftilt will cover the ledge and puts them in a pretty bad position if they happen to get hit

Top Bottom