• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Throw DI change?

Angell

Smash Cadet
Instead of starting a petition to revert all of the hard work and balencing done by the PMBR for 3.5, we ZSS players should roll with it. Let's try to reason with those in power and get something agreeable for Everyone.

First off I want to say that I believe complaining about the paralazer change is unwarranted. Have you ever played AGAINST it? It was stupid. (Just my opinion) 3.5 has been described by many people as a "nerf the stupid update" and I think this nerf has the balence of the game in mind. I think the Nair change was undeserved but w/e. This update got me back into ZSS because of the grab change, I really don't want that reverted. It's a big reason why I picked up this character again.(Though I know some people would trade it for the paralazer back)

But some complaints that make a lot of sence to me are the complaints about how all of her combo throws can be escaped with the same DI. I was thinking that maybe up throw should send them more behind her at like the same angle so there is a DI mixup.

Thoughts?

Legit

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1075-1516-8692
All of this has been discussed in great detail in both the 3.5 discussion thread and the petition thread. We're hoping something is done about her throws, because they are just plain awful in their current state. I think if the DI mixup on her throws was restored and her nair was more viable in the neutral, we'd be satisfied for the most part. Still sad about dash cancel being gone forever, but what can you do. :(

Angell

Smash Cadet
All of this has been discussed in great detail in both the 3.5 discussion thread and the petition thread. We're hoping something is done about her throws, because they are just plain awful in their current state. I think if the DI mixup on her throws was restored and her nair was more viable in the neutral, we'd be satisfied for the most part. Still sad about dash cancel being gone forever, but what can you do. :(
Yeah, I am sorry if I came off as demeaning in the op, but if everyone was like you about these changes I dont think this thread would be here. I posted this thread so that any non ZSS mains can hop on the boards and add to the discussion, because these arguements were buried pretty deep on all of the other threads.

Foo

Smash Lord
There were tons of absolutely ridiculous things in 3.02, and 3.02 was the "nerf the stupid" patch. The problem we had was that they outright removed it when there were countless ways to tone it down. They didn't remove mewtwo's act out of teleport, they didn't remove the IASA on mario fireball, they didn't remove pit acting out of glide etc. At this point, I've given up hope on ever getting that mechanic back, but it just bugs me when people misrepresent our points.

On throw changes, I'm not a fan of DI mixups. It'd be really lame for upthrow to bair or dthrow to fair to work off of sheer chance, and I hate when that's the case with other characters. I'd rather her upair just linked to upair on most characters, and her dthrow was an actual tech chase throw.

Top Bottom