• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Throw & Dash

Anteo

Smash Cadet
Yesterday I was trying to understand (by myself) how to play Zamus and I noticed that she can dash and throw and item avoiding the lag after throwing (sadly, in a no-items game is only usefull after you broke your suit ) .
So I was wondering, What can we do with this? I mean, What kind of combos and that. (If there's a thread about this, I haven't found it. So post a link and close this please)

About that dash, you have to:

Forward Z then Forward A or C

Bouse

Smash Ace
You mean Glide-Toss? You roll and at the start of the roll animation you throw the armor piece using A or a C-stick input. It's good for combos and approaches.

Anteo

Smash Cadet
It's good for combos and approaches.
I know that.. Well actually whenever I do that is good for my opponent and not for me :dizzy:

Well thx at least now I know the name so I'll try to find some videos :laugh:

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
You didn't describe a glide toss. Basically it sounds like you're just throwing an armor piece and then dash attacking, which isn't really revolutionary at all since you can do a dash attack from a standing position.

Bouse

Smash Ace
You didn't describe a glide toss. Basically it sounds like you're just throwing an armor piece and then dash attacking, which isn't really revolutionary at all since you can do a dash attack from a standing position.
I was just hoping he was talking about Glide-tossing. Is it so wrong to hope for once in my life Cake? Is it?

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
Yesterday I was trying to understand (by myself) how to play Zamus and I noticed that she can dash and throw and item avoiding the lag after throwing (sadly, in a no-items game is only usefull after you broke your suit ) .
So I was wondering, What can we do with this? I mean, What kind of combos and that. (If there's a thread about this, I haven't found it. So post a link and close this please)

About that dash, you have to:

Forward Z then Forward A or C
Glidetossing into Grab would probably more effective tho, as the may shield the part and the dash attack. They would be able to punish u when ur vulnurable o-o XD

Top Bottom