• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Throw combo(s) on floaties?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Uthrow has set knockback, I believe, so if you can get something to work off of that, that'd be good. You could chase with dthrow with a fair if you're know they're going to jump, but otherwise, there's not a whole lot you can do. Bthrow, maybe, to throw off their DI? No pun intended.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Usually you can't chase their jump out of the dthrow, you won't have enough time to reach them even if you dash ASAP. :( Bowser is to slow.

Uthrow is good, against many semi floaties (like, marth type fall-speed) you can combo it into a fair if they don't DI. If they DI away I think they can do an attack or jump before your fair can connect
Many floaties like Samus/Luigi and even the Marios go to high/far to reach them fast enough, though.
Uthrow->chase jump maybe? You'll have more time to do that then with the dthrow, and Bowser has pretty good priority so he should be able to keep an opponent above him.
Gotta test the bthrow thing. I know you can combo from fox's bthrow if they DI into it, might be the same with bowsers XD

If something doesn't work. Don't keep trying it
Yhea I know, that's why I'm asking what to do

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Keep in mind, no matter what you do, it's still Bowser. You're limited by his vast amounts of suck.

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
Use a small stage, throw off the edge, edgeguard w/ fair? Probably what you're sposed to do, anyway.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Bailey you are wrong wrong WRONG. Down-throw does zero damage to Game&Watch. Good luck chain throwing floaties, I haven't found a Jiggs I could chain throw yet. I might have in the past but it has been so long since I have played this game at a tournament.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Just because it doesn't do damage doesn't mean it's not useful. Also, he wasn't talking about chain grabs, just potential combos.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hahahahaha

grab combos?

the only real grab "combos" bowser has are the following

on heavy/fast fallers dthrow tech chase

on heavy/fast fallers klaw fthrow missed di fair

on fast fallers klaw fthrow missed di up air

on fast fallers up throw missed di ftilt

the following combos do not work

on not heavy or fast fallers grab/klaw -> anything

why are you trying to grab combo floaties? LOL

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
hahahahaha

grab combos?

the only real grab "combos" bowser has are the following

on heavy/fast fallers dthrow tech chase

on heavy/fast fallers klaw fthrow missed di fair

on fast fallers klaw fthrow missed di up air

on fast fallers up throw missed di ftilt

the following combos do not work

on not heavy or fast fallers grab/klaw -> anything

why are you trying to grab combo floaties? LOL
So what should you do if you grab someone who isn't a fast-faller? Throw towards the edge and (try to) setup for an edgeguard?

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
There you have it. Bowser has no real chain throws even for his up-air. Everyone I play always DIs out of the throws. Thanks for bailing me out of an argument Gimpy!

BTW here is another good match-up: Ice Climbers.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
No it's possible to reach them fast enough even if they DI away. I'm pretty sure it's inescapeable, i just don't think gimpy listed it as a combo since a cg isn't a "normal" combo

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
chainthrows that work

fox/falco/falcon up throw when they di away

fox/falco/falcon klaw fthrow no di or di towards

there you go - didn't include that because i wasn't thinking of chaingrab as a combo - but i listed tech chase grab somehow LOL

a majority of the time vs anything your best option is to just throw them off the edge and setup for an edgeguard - even/especially on fox/falco.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
chainthrows that work

fox/falco/falcon up throw when they di away

fox/falco/falcon klaw fthrow no di or di towards

there you go - didn't include that because i wasn't thinking of chaingrab as a combo - but i listed tech chase grab somehow LOL

a majority of the time vs anything your best option is to just throw them off the edge and setup for an edgeguard - even/especially on fox/falco.
wait,can they jump out with di towards/no di? I thought uthrow always cg'd on ff:ers

Top Bottom