• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Three Major Questions

Birdygamer

Smash Cadet
My mom ordered me a nintendo switch and smash bros ultimate and I have a few major questions that I have before I get it:

1: How is the online, is it fun and event based like in Smash 4?

2: Spirits, are they worth your time and effort raising them and leveling them up

3: How rewarding is the game, is it like a few things and that's it or is there much more?

Isaac4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
someletters
3DS FC
4270-5125-0529
Switch FC
SW-0987-8922-3098
1: I don't play online but I know people who do so unless you have friends to fight with online it can be pretty random. There's no for fun or for glory so its all based on a rule set you want and the lucky chance of getting those exact rules with someone else. Also, l a g.

2personally, I don't think so. Spirits were not all made equal so some will be absolute garbage even if you level them up and some are just amazing. I would only recommend getting spirits if you wanna mess around or make some wild matches with your friends(or if you wanna collect them all which is annoying)

3:If you mean the game as a whole I'd say it can be pretty rewarding. Of course most of it is unlocking characters and spirits but not too bad. There's also a WHOLE LOT of music tracks to unlock and while World of light is repetitive at times THE ENDING makes it all worth it. For me at least.

Also, just in case you don't know, don't play piranha plant in all star mode cause if you do then goodbye save data.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
1: I don't play online but I know people who do so unless you have friends to fight with online it can be pretty random. There's no for fun or for glory so its all based on a rule set you want and the lucky chance of getting those exact rules with someone else. Also, l a g.

2:personally, I don't think so. Spirits were not all made equal so some will be absolute garbage even if you level them up and some are just amazing. I would only recommend getting spirits if you wanna mess around or make some wild matches with your friends(or if you wanna collect them all which is annoying)

3:If you mean the game as a whole I'd say it can be pretty rewarding. Of course most of it is unlocking characters and spirits but not too bad. There's also a WHOLE LOT of music tracks to unlock and while World of light is repetitive at times THE ENDING makes it all worth it. For me at least.

Also, just in case you don't know, don't play piranha plant in all star mode cause if you do then goodbye save data.
1. I get my prefered ruleset 90 percent of the time
2. I love world of light and spirits its a good way to kill time and enjoy the game
3. the game is a must and a sin not to own if you posses the switch

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
1. I enjoy online, usually get matched with my preferred ruleset and I've had quite a few really good games there. I play mostly on Wifi (due to crazy condo construction I'd need to thread an ethernet cord through two rooms and a hallway to play wired, wife will not allow that) and usually don't experience much lag.
2. World of Light is fun and leveling up spirits helps there, but unless you're a completionist it's not something I'd necessarily recommend doing.
3. I think the game is very rewarding. Would definitely recommend.

Top Bottom