• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on the Corrin MU?

NoSharp

Smash Rookie
What has your experience been on this match-up? Any recommendations? Do you consider it 50/50? In someone's favor? And I'm sorry if there is already a discussion of something similar for Corrin but I couldn't find it in any thread

WoolMoth

Smash Rookie
I play it like marth but even more safe because more range + better counter.

DKGrayson

Smash Cadet
NNID
tauelf
I feel less safe off the edge vs Corrin.

Instant pin tippers a double ledge grab through the stage, and her nair is so easy to throw out off stage for a quick spike (we tech those obvs, but not always fast enough).

NoSharp

Smash Rookie
Yeah I feel like Corrin can cover a lot of our options when we are on the ledge, his aerials stop our side b a lot, and since it comes out really quick it beats normal get up or jump, Corrin can also be at a safe distance where if we roll it still hits us or if we get up attack we can't reach him while he can reach us.

TheRealSkid

Smash Apprentice
Corrin seems impossible to combo since they can just combo break anything you do with insane priority. I myself am still trying to learn the matchup, but reads have by far helped me the most. A whiffed counter can be an instant up smash kill.
I would recommend facing as many corrin mains as you can and really watching what they do and the range of their moves etc. Eventually, the matchup will just come to you with a bit of time.

D

Deleted member 269706

Ive been playing against a pretty good corrin player lately, and I think the Mu is pretty much a 50:50 or 55:45 in Fox's favor. In the neutral we can beat him out pretty well, and he's not too hard to combo, you just HAVE to know when to stop pressuring and reset to neutral. Also his neutral B isn't a threat due to shine. (I reflected a shot which hit him and had enough time to run across the stage and Usmash Corrin while still in stun). However offstage can be very scary due to counter, nair, and dair if you're down a stock. Also be careful when at high percents and going for uair, if countered you can die VERY early. With that said, baiting out counters can be extremely beneficial as it has a ton of CD. Lastly, from what I've noticed, Corrin's side B, when impaled in the ground isn't toally disjointed so you can hit the lance (or whatever you wanna call it) with a dair and tack on some extra damage. Make sure to space well against corrin, you will have a very bad time if you don't.

Xamad

You want the JoJ
NNID
Xamad51
Usually if I'm at high percent and he's impaled to the ground with side B, I tend to laser him instead of rush in. It's better to tack on that extra damage than to risk getting KOd. That said, if you're percent's not that high then it would probably be better to do what Rawkstar mentioned.
Also worth noting is that even without shine, Corrin's neutral B has very little priority and can clank with certain aerials, like nair.

Last edited:

NoSharp

Smash Rookie
I play this match up a lot with my brother and I was frustrated that I couldn't gimp his up b with a bair to stage spike so I tried doing a fast fall fair to trade with the up b and it works wonders! In the trade Fox's fair semi spikes or if not you just get sent upwards, it's really worth trying out.

Top Bottom