• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on the Ancient Minister, ROB, and the plot of SSE... (I CALLED IT!!!!)

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
OMG I FREAKIN' CALLED IT! Look at the time I made this thread! I was so right! A few of the minor details were off, but the important thing, AM = ROB, I SO CALLED!!!!! WOOOO!!!

-----------------
Ok, so I was thinking about ROB, and why the hell he's in the game. I mean, what's so special about ROB anyway, he's just a generic enemy in the Subspace Army. Then it hit me:

The playable ROB must be special!

Why else would he be playable? Ok, so then, what makes this ROB special? Here's my theory:

ROB = The Ancient Minister

Think about it. With the reveal of that Tabuu guy, I think its apparent that he is the final boss of the SSE. Meaning the AM is under his service, perhaps his right-hand man. Ok, then look at all of the Shadow characters, like Bowser, Zelda, and Diddy. It seems that the shadow bugs swarm onto a character, and make an evil copy of them. Then one of the villains turns the good character into a trophy and takes off.

Ok, so my theory goes like so: The playable ROB is the leader of all the ROBs. Tabuu and the villains used the shadow bugs to make an evil copy of ROB, and then turned him into a trophy. The evil copy put on a disguise and became the AM. All the other ROBs can't tell that this is an evil copy, so they still follow orders, even if its a suicide mission. When you watch the part of SSE with Marth, and the two ROBs set off the Subspace Bomb, you can see them bracing themselves, and looking sad about it. I think they don't want to blow up stuff, but they're still following orders.

Later in the SSE, you must have to fight the AM, and shortly afterward, you probably find ROBs trophy, set him free, and he joins you to get revenge.

It fits. ROB can hover, and the AM can hover. The AM has no appendages to speak of, and ROBs arms are probably hidden in that big coat the AM wears. ROB leads the other ROBs, and the AM commands the ROBs.

That would explain why this ROB is a playable character. He's special. He's integral to the story of SSE.

Ok, discuss!

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
I'll bump this one time, because it didn't get the chance it deserves, what with the leaks and all.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it definitely explains why he's the ANCIENT minister

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
i can't believe you are the only one who thinks they called it ... when sakuri first introduced him my friend said ...." man his eyes sure do look a lot like metaknights..." then later aound DEC. when the "original prophets came out and said ROB was playable. "i went...... put 2 and 2 together...." ***confirmed Spoiler*** the Ike video just sealed the deal heck it shows his underside.

but nice going.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
actually somebody actually posted a pic outlining r.o.b in the ancient ministers clothes in a topic that got locked (it was meant as a joke but it turns out to be true) and that topic was made way before this one

veil222

Smash Journeyman
Getting tired of people patting themselves on the back. Just because you cross the finish line in a horse race doesn't mean you won, especially since all the horses are going in the same direction anyway. Anyone can guess, anyone can speculate, and anyone DID. You're one guy out of at least 50 on this board that have made a post or a topic "I called it!!!11 I'm aweomse and worthy of praise cuz of mah l33t guessing skillz, 4 get those 20 other gaize that hve said what I have, cause im aweomserer than ne of them!!!!!111shift"

No one cares, stop cluttering the boards with the jerkings-off of your e-pean0r.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Getting tired of people patting themselves on the back. Just because you cross the finish line in a horse race doesn't mean you won, especially since all the horses are going in the same direction anyway. Anyone can guess, anyone can speculate, and anyone DID. You're one guy out of at least 50 on this board that have made a post or a topic "I called it!!!11 I'm aweomse and worthy of praise cuz of mah l33t guessing skillz, 4 get those 20 other gaize that hve said what I have, cause im aweomserer than ne of them!!!!!111shift"

No one cares, stop cluttering the boards with the jerkings-off of your e-pean0r.
I never said I deserve praise. You don't have to be an **** about it. I'm just happy that my theory pulled through, fvck. If you had guessed something and ended up being right, wouldn't you be a little happy about it too?

JRI3102, you may have thought it, but did you post it? Did you believe it enough to sit down and type it out? No? Ok then.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
You jump me for reprimanding you about patting yourself on the back, then you turn right around and jump on another guy who is really doing the exact same thing you're doing? And really, how much "belief" does it take to post something on a forum? I'd say maybe five minuets of thought and a blurry screenshot.

Ashes13

Smash Rookie

Nothing to do with the post, but I have to say that was a God-awful comparison there. What does that even mean? If you cross the finish line...in a horse race...with all the horses going the same direction (Where else would they be going?)...would you not win? I don't understand what you were going for here. The word "race" defines it as a competition in which your goal is to reach a certain point before your opponents, therefore, you would "win" if you crossed a finish line first in a horse race with all horses going in the same direction.

Are there less-known horse races where they run around in different directions, and even though one crosses the line first, everyone wins because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings?

Unless you are trying infer that a horse in the back of the race merely crosses the line at some point, possibly behind others, which in that case one would falsely think they "won" just because they got to the end. But that would still be a terrible comparison because it is completely illogical and makes no sense whatsoever.

Maybe we should stay away from analogies.

Top Bottom