• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on possible sheik nerfs in upcoming patch?

ZEROstartsNOW

Smash Rookie
I was just wondering what you guys are thinking about this upcoming update and if sheik is going to get nerfed how much do you think she would? I as a sheik main would definitely not want sheik to get the diddy treatment but I can't help but feel its possible. What are your thoughts?

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Ideally, they're minimal, if at all. People talk about how incredible she is, but she isn't dominating anything like Diddy was and therefore doesn't deserved to be nerfed like he was. If they go crazy, though, I imagine they'd hurt her frame data/auto-canceling, make Fair harder to combo into itself, weaken needles, and reduce knockback even more on her moves.

Last edited:

Subtilizer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Subtilizer
The two biggest potential nerfs I see them making are increasing knock back on f tilt so not to combo into itself and possibly increasing knock back on fair to remove carrying people across the map

Last edited:

Nudge

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gmoney2030
bouncing fish KB might get nerfed again

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Nerfing knockback on any move would be absurd. All of Sheik's moves have incredibly low knockback except for tipper up smash, burst grenade, and vanish. Out of all three, vanish is most consistent in killing, and tipper upsmash is only not rare on stages with platforms aka battlefield and dreamland, and even then opponents have to be positioned to be directly above Sheik on a platform which isn't easy. The other times, it's a read. Vanish kills are always reads, and burst grenade.. well, it never hits lol

On the other hand, the most logical thing to do would be to nerf needles and perhaps her frame data. Nerfing frame data will result in Sheik getting A LOT worse. Nerfing needles would be the correct approach. In my eyes the perfect nerf (if such thing exists) is added lag to needles (not so much it would worsen our matchups by a lot however), and remove the windbox and second hit of vanish. Sheik will just have to remain a top 5 character, because nerfing her otherwise would give her the Greninja treatment.

Nudge

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gmoney2030
Nerfing KB would be stupid. I agree on adding more cool down to the needles and maybe shortening the distance SLIGHTLY on them. There is a high chance that fair will be touched during the patch so i would guess that the landing lag would be increased to match bair's.

BlastHappyNinja

Smash Apprentice
Nerfing her frame data would be horrendous. Ideally, if they were to give her a nerf, it should be on the range of her needles. Given how far across the stage they go, it would only make sense. Even though it would suck, it would be doable compared to what they COULD nerf. Either that or just add more ending lag to needles.

Top Bottom