• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on Melee SD Remix?

FlyingAsianBears

Smash Rookie
NNID
FlyingAsianBears
Hope this is the right place. Anyway, has anyone played with Melee SD remix at all? I've tried it a couple of times so far on the 20XX mod and I like where it is going. One of my favorite parts of Project M was a balanced roster, so I was into this idea.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried it. Maybe you've played some friendlies with it or have done some smash fests as well. I play Ganondorf once in a while, but I honestly would keep playing his standard version. It makes playing Young Link a lot more viable now, which I really enjoy. Personally, I wouldn't use SD remix unless I'm using Young Link or Roy.

Oh, and if anyone's curious to look into it. https://sdremix.com/

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
I like SD Remix but I honestly can't give it the same appreciation that I do to Project M, since it's too afraid to go anywhere near the word "nerf". IMO, good balance involves some give and some take.

Last edited:

WeegUK

Smash Rookie
So Ive been watching some of the character showcase videos on you tube recently and Ive got to say that I'd love this to become the new tournament standard, mainly because I hate watching fox dittos, but also I do think it will genuinely balance the roster which imp will make the game last a lot longer, why make the sequels like melee when you can just tweak the data a little!?

Fingers crossed for this one!!

SSG SAX GAMER

Smash Apprentice
I think it's really fun and has some wonky stuff, but i don't think it should be competitive, kinda like how items are really fun to play with but it's not suited for competition. Also melee is competitive already, balancing it may make more characters viable but we don't really need it

Top Bottom