• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on Knuckle Cracking?

About how often do you crack your knuckles?

• Whenever I start using my hands for something (typing, playing Smash, ect.)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • More than 10 times a day

• Between 6 and 10 times a day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Between 2 and 5 times a day

• Only once a day

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Only when it happens on accident

• Never

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Don't know/Don't care

• Total voters

Kude

Smash Rookie
So, I see alot of talk on hand health, and hand exercises, and that got me wondering. How do smash players feel about knuckle/finger/other joint cracking? Personally, I never bought into the whole "knuckle cracking causes arthritis" thing, but I'm still very interested in what smashers think about the subject, since we use our hands so much. Thanks in advance!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I do it pretty often, feels good man

D

Deleted member 269706

I don't think knuckle cracking really has any affect on our playing tbh. As far as the arthritis thing goes...I hope think I'll be dead before it kicks in.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The arthritis myth is false. If cracking knuckles does anything, it apparently affects the hands grip strength, but don't quote me on that.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I crack my thumbs every few hours, or thereabouts.

I also stand on my toes to crack my ankles, and sometimes crack my knees by shaking my legs. I used to turn my back to crack it a bit, but not so much anymore.

Team edit: no drug references

Last edited by a moderator:

Kude

Smash Rookie
I've always been a big neck/back cracker. I've been cracking my knuckles more and more, though some people yell at me for that. Always seemed odd to me that people worry about one but not the other.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I think people just came up with the arthritis myth because they found it rude and unhygienic. I crack my knuckles constantly. It gives relief, and it's natural. So why not?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I do it subconsciously, typically when I am nervous/anxious about something.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
I never do it, and I can't really make my knuckles do that. I do not see any benefit / harm in doing it, but I find the noise it makes to be extremely annoying. People who constantly do this while I am near risk louder cracking sounds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom