• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on Byleth

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually very glad Byleth has this current moveset. The way you express it, it seems that the "canon" way to go would've essentially played out like Robin (I dislike Robin's playstyle). Byleth is so different, and I'm glad. It's ironic, because the least wanted character in the roster is the one that strays from Marth the farthest.

Byleth feels pretty damn unique.

Dawn111

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-9069-5382
Byleth is actually pretty fun to play because his/her movesets are more unique compared to other Fire Emblem characters. I like how he/she bring out his/her different weapons like the Sword of the Creator which resembles Ivy Valentine's snake sword and is Byleth's defeault weapon and three other weapons which are Areadbhar, Aymr, and Failnaught, which are wielded by Dimitri, Edelgard, and Claude, respectively. Byleth's up B is very similar to Joker's Grappling Hook in terms of recovery and anti-air, and he/she can link to using Areadbhar which makes it a really nice combo, but the real kicker is when he/she uses that up B off-stage, he/she can spike the opponent during the high percentage, making it a really good killing move. I'm planning to main Byleth after I've played Corrin and Lucina.

Last edited:

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
Byleth is actually pretty fun to play because his/her movesets are more unique compared to other Fire Emblem characters. I like how he/she bring out his/her different weapons like the Sword of the Creator which resembles Ivy Valentine's snake sword and is Byleth's defeault weapon and three other weapons which are Areadbhar, Aymr, and Failnaught, which are wielded by Dimitri, Edelgard, and Claude, respectively. Byleth's up B is very similar to Joker's Grappling Hook in terms of recovery and anti-air, and he/she can link to using Areadbhar which makes it a really nice combo, but the real kicker is when he/she uses that up B off-stage, he/she can spike the opponent during the high percentage, making it a really good killing move. I'm planning to main Byleth after I've played Corrin and Lucina.
Since we're trying to keep it neutral, let's just go with "they".

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort and don't take offense in it.

Quin

Smash Rookie
I think Byleth is extremely fun and it’s so funny how I couldn’t really click with a character until she came out. I’m having a blast learning the character and the game with this character as well. I think she’s extremely well rounded, only thing that’s really bad about her imo is her air recovery and her throw kill potential because she doesn’t really have any. However she makes up for these in plenty of other ways. I think she kinda needs some minuscule buffs but other than that the character is solid imo.

1FC0

Smash Lord
He's cool but it's a bit lame to release a FE marketing character at the end of a DLC Pass which until that point contained nothing but 4 very hype characters.

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
Really fun moveset that has a very strong bait and punish style. However disadvantage is painful as Byleth has no get off me tools and trouble landing. They are definitely my favorite character to play because they are a strong melee zoner and the arrow is a really great tool for tech chasing. Im glad they were added, and between Joker, Hero and Byleth we certainly have gotten our JRPG fix i can't complain.

I actually like how one mistake made by or against this character seems to have major ramifications. As someone who plays swordies, having one that is an even stronger disjointed melee zoner with the ability to defend at range with arrow is extremely nice. Frame trapping landings with Areadbar seems to be very reliable but mistiming it will almost guarantee getting punished. As someone who never really played any character more than Marth and Lucina its a good change of pace to have a new favorite in the roster.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Byleth is basically the one Fire Emblem character I’ve been waiting for in a long time.

Fun to play as and perhaps the most unique of the FE cast. Plus, I enjoyed playing through Three Houses a lot.

Jotari

Smash Journeyman
No magic or gauntlets I can live without. But why didn't they get an Enlightened One alt :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom