• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thought of a combo can it work?

darkshy

Smash Ace
I am not entirley sure if someone could DI or counter out of it but I think it works well on characters like Ness.

Okay it set up near the edge, you D-tilt which should make your opponent fall behind you. short hop and double bair jump and Up=B back on to the stage edge hog.
What you think.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Bairs are how Doc edge guards. If your opponent is over the pit, you are going to be edge guarding anyways, so you're just saying dtilt by the edge lol..which isn't really a combo...

darkshy

Smash Ace
But it is possible that the downsmash can miss depending on the timing you and your opponent has. That's why I think the double bair can work.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
..I think you're missing my point.

What you are saying is that the combo that you thought up is dtilt -> two bairs. Dtilt can knock your opponent off the stage, sure, but you aren't always going to use two bairs. Perhaps you'll only use one bair, or perhaps you'll use three. You have to decide on the spot how many you want to use, as different characters at different percents will behave differently when bair'd. The reason I say this isn't a combo is because it can fluctuate quite a bit.

It's safer to call this "combo" dtilt -> edgeguard

Top Bottom