• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This video shows that Lucas is probably one of the better chars in the game.

hazard99

Smash Cadet
It sucks not being able to watch youtube.....

Out of curiousity, Lucas shout "PK [insert attack]" like Ness does? Does he have an accent (I imagine him with a Brittish one... IDK why), and is his voice higher, deeper, or about the same as Ness'?

Once I get my real computer, this is the first thing I'm watching :D

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way

Out of curiousity, Lucas shout "PK [insert attack]" like Ness does? Does he have an accent (I imagine him with a Brittish one... IDK why), and is his voice higher, deeper, or about the same as Ness'?

He shouts PK Fire as well, he has much less of an accent and he has a higher voice too.

@Video: Lol, awesome. also, that was "just" F-Tilt at the end, not Down-Smash. And here I thought D-Air to F-Smash way "my" combo xD Guess it's universally applicable.

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice

His voice is a bit higher-pitched, with a more American accent.

...and while that Lucas player did clean up, it seems to me that for every video where someone notably wins, everyone goes "oh, <winning character> is god tier". Sonic looks to be extremely difficult to control, and it was obvious that the Sonic player kinda blew (spamming the neutral b?). I wouldn't base judgment on this.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure sonic wont be amazing in brawl.

Lucas does look pretty good though.

If this was someone like marth or fox, I'd be more accepting.

GoodMornEvery1

Smash Cadet
Yeah, lucas is annoying as hell. his up smash is probably the best in the game. pk freeze is hard to control, but easily kills on contact. otherwise he has ness's attacks, and uses them well. He's a great character and really hard to win against if he is used correctly. Oh, and his final smash is better than ness because at the end, he sends 3 meteors down the middle. you just bounce from meteor to meteor, and if you survive (no one ever does, except for in hyrule) you get 3 more. Lucas rocks.

gringo66

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if u guys noticed or not, but theres another vid by dm brandon vs sonic on castle seige. and on about a 1:50 in the game he does a fire waveland which is sick! good way to ledge guard. they have a thread on it. you should check it out. gg by brandon by the way. very impressive. heres the vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9y7YVaoKk4
oh yea he also does it again around 2:49.

saratos

Smash Apprentice
I will wait for two people of equal skill using the most advanced techs battling eachother to pass judgment. Though, Lucas does look cool.

squarez

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the sonic remarks, however that lucas does seem like it's making good use of pk fire.

Kami

Smash Cadet
From experience - Lucas is good, Sonic is terrible.

All that video shows me is that Sonic has a hard time KO-ing people.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
The Sonic player sucks. Badly. Plain and simple. Nice Lucas though.

I think InterimofZeal has one of the best Sonics so far, so don't be quick to judge him just yet.

Platanos

Smash Cadet
Even though the Sonic player is bad, the video really shows Lucas's potential.

He has great smashes, great special moves, and great aerials.
Lucas is a combo machine, and it's not going to be long until everyone realizes that he's a very good character.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is terrible. He has a hard time koing people so he has to rack up their percent first. Meaning he bombards you with a series of annoying attacks. I hate sonic.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
If everyone starts using Lucas, I'm switching my main, i don't want a 'too common' main.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
I was expecting something new and great from the Lucas video, but all I saw was a predictable Lucas player fighting a weak character.

He needs to stop doing dair->fsmash every time and mix up his approaches.

Top Bottom