• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This shouldn't happen

CGod

Smash Cadet
When you put a mechakoopa on the ground and it starts running you shouldn't pick it up. You can only pick it up when it bounces or at the beginning b4 it starts running. First off this move has so high endlag.why can't sakurai give Jr these buffs? These modders are better balancing.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I am not exactly sure what you are intending to explain here, but I think a beneficial buff that Bowser Jr. will likely never get is the ability to either hold the Mechakoopa immediately (like Peach's turnips), or be able to launch it into the battlefield.

CGod

Smash Cadet
I am not exactly sure what you are intending to explain here, but I think a beneficial buff that Bowser Jr. will likely never get is the ability to either hold the Mechakoopa immediately (like Peach's turnips), or be able to launch it into the battlefield.
What I meant to say is when the mechakoopa is running around freely, players would just pick it up and its annoying for a move that has so much endlag in the first place. You (the opponent, not Jr) should only pick it up at the beginning before it starts moving

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Dedede mains have more to complain about with their gordos. I don't think it's something that Bowser Jr. really needs, when he could be buffed in several other ways. Like usual, you can't wait for a buff and have to work around it.
All item moves in the game are balanced in some way because they're also OP just for being items. The same trait that all of them share is that they can all get picked up; but this brings up something.
Even if someone picks up the Mechakoopa and throws it at you, you can also catch it out of the air and throw it back. Also, if they keep trying to pick it up, then punish them before they get it (like what Dessa just said), because at that point in time their actions will be completely predictable, and you don't get that a lot in a match.
Other than that, just try to make sure the opponent doesn't get the Mechakoopa. Launch it in the air when the opponent can't interrupt it so that you can get it during the bounce. I'm not an expert on BJ or anything so just watch pro matches I guess

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Ah, I see what you mean now, and I partially agree. It is almost not worth throwing a Mechakoopa out at all due to how much endlag there is, but then again, you can punish opponents during the pickup animation, or when they throw it at you, you can grab it in midair. It's a little tricky but it is also unlikely a buff for endlag compensation will occur, unfortunately. The only time I would personally use a Mechakoopa is when the opponent is recovering to stage or whilst in air.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Impatient Mechakoopa can't really be used against Bowser Jr., though it more serves as a projectile than a stage control item.

Top Bottom