• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This might seem stupid to a lot of people.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
Is there a possibility that the recovery of Aerial Raptor Boost can be reduced?

It's like -1000 on HIT!

I'd like to be able to tech chase when I hit people with these.

Any thoughts on that?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That begs the question why would you use the aerial version when the grounded version is superior during tech chases in almost any way?

Aerial RB shouldn't be used overall besides recovery mixup. I wouldn't focus on trying to incorporate it into your gameplay.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
That begs the question why would you use the aerial version when the grounded version is superior during tech chases in almost any way?

Aerial RB shouldn't be used overall besides recovery mixup. I wouldn't focus on trying to incorporate it into your gameplay.
I see what you mean, but in the event that I WANT to use this attack (In a somewhat rare situation when I'm in mid short hop and they decide to do something I can bop them for) I'd like to be able to follow it up. :drsad:

I mean sure, it may not seem like a big deal, but I shouldn't be able to be punished because I HIT someone (Crouch cancel is stupid in P:M) :drflip:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It would be hard to make it useable. The pop up he gets after hitting someone is a buff, and even if he had 0 lag from landing it would still take him awhile to get to the ground. He can't FF until much later: there's no quick way to get to the ground regardless of lag afterwards. You would have to take away the bounce up he gets and get rid of any lag for it to resemble something like you would probably desire lol.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
It would be hard to make it useable. The pop up he gets after hitting someone is a buff, and even if he had 0 lag from landing it would still take him awhile to get to the ground. He can't FF until much later: there's no quick way to get to the ground regardless of lag afterwards. You would have to take away the bounce up he gets and get rid of any lag for it to resemble something like you would probably desire lol.
The part that makes it impossible to follow up with is the part where Falc is knee-squatting for about 2 seconds when you HIT them.

That's the thing I really wanna see go away.:drshrug:

prisoner

Smash Cadet
he should be able to act out of it on hit, like the way Squirtle can, or maybe Wolf. if you have your other jump, you should be able to use it, or upB, or an aerial attack.

then, you know, people might actually start using the move in the air; it would make a better mix-up in recovery, and if they tweak the edge game to make it more dynamic, you could potentially intercept people off-stage and still get back.

Ace55

Smash Lord
he should be able to act out of it on hit, like the way Squirtle can, or maybe Wolf. if you have your other jump, you should be able to use it, or upB, or an aerial attack.
I like this idea, just keep the original lag so it's really unsafe on whiff.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
At least be thankful it can spike now. His poor recovery options are his trade-off for amazing mobility and combo game.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
Well...it's certainly been a while since someone posted here.
I've been going around, posting my ideas in PM threads, so I thought I'd pay a visit here. So here's my idea: on hit, you can act out of side B with any of his B-moves, like what Balanced Brawl did for his Falcon Kick. I imagine aerial side-b into aerial falcon kick as a combo. Or, if you are recovering, you can side B into up B for more recovery options. Not sure if he needs it though. And yet, the idea that some of his moves aren't really viable at all kinda bugs me. Well, it bugs me for other characters as well, like Ganon's Warlock. Does he still have that atrocious up-tilt as well...?
Clearly, I am out of the loop.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
I use it on certain chars when they have no jump, jumping off stage as the are recovering, and reverse forward B or just back B however you want to say it. I usually get the hit, but even then it's very situational.

Only other way I see using besides recovery mix up,..is learning where to do it so you get a ledge cancel, into a Bair or Fair, if they try to punish you. But once again that's super situational.

Top Bottom