• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This may be old news but...

Hungryformore21

Smash Cadet
Did anyone ever notice that after your opponet shoot Diddy kong's Peanut Popgun, you can grab the peanuts in midair and use them against Diddy. It was a small find, but I thought it was really cool. I'm sorry if this is old news (I haven't been on here long enough)

Vro

Smash Lord
All items can be grabbed midair via attack or airdodge. It's okay that you didn't realize, if you just lurk around more, you'll find a lot of these things are common knowledge.

As far as the peanuts, you shouldn't be using the peanuts that much with Diddy for that exact reason. Not only can they be thrown back at you, but your opponent can eat them, restoring health (you're incapable of catching your own peanuts and eating them [unless your opponent throws it back to you])

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
I just posted in another newbie topic about the Popgun like yesterday. Come on people, you could at least glance at the topic titles of the most recent threads before you start your own. :p

But yeah, this is really old, and obvious to most of us. Thanks for trying to contribute though, and welcome to Smash Boards. :)

Hungryformore21

Smash Cadet
All items can be grabbed midair via attack or airdodge. It's okay that you didn't realize, if you just lurk around more, you'll find a lot of these things are common knowledge.

As far as the peanuts, you shouldn't be using the peanuts that much with Diddy for that exact reason. Not only can they be thrown back at you, but your opponent can eat them, restoring health (you're incapable of catching your own peanuts and eating them [unless your opponent throws it back to you])
Alright thanks for the advice. Man i feel like such a Noob:chuckle:. (but I'm getting better!)

Vro

Smash Lord
I read in another post that the healing factor only works when you have items on (food in particular). I'm not sure if this helps you or not, but that's just another tidbit.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, its ok. It can be hard sometimes when you're new and don't know what is common knowledge. :)

At first glance, it isn't obvious that Diddy's peanuts are actually grabbable items, however this is the truth. You can grab them and throw them at an opponent. You can also break them open with attacks, and small edible nuts can pop out for you to eat.

Not only can they be thrown back at you, but your opponent can eat them, restoring health
The complete peanuts that are caught in mid-flight cannot be eaten. Only when the shells are broken open by attacks will little edible nuts drop out that can be eaten. They only restore 2-5% damage though, so its really not anything useful unless you can somehow get a whole bunch to eat.

Just wanted to clarify. :)

I read in another post that the healing factor only works when you have items on (food in particular). I'm not sure if this helps you or not, but that's just another tidbit.
Its not when Items in general are on, rather they appear when the "Food" switch is turned on. It doesn't matter whether items randomly appear or not. The only time you won't see the edible nuts pop out of broken peanuts is when the "Food" specific item switch is turned off.

Top Bottom