• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This may assist ROB's Odds

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Now, take this with a grain of salt. But, take a look at all the Enemies of the Subspace Army. Note the detail on each enemy. The models of the enemies are designed fairly well, but definitely not up to Playable Character standards...

But, then take a look at the ROBs. They have a plethora of detail in comparison to their comrads. Does this affirm ROB's odds of being playable? Post your thoughts!

NOTE: I do not want repetitive and redundant comments such as "ROB can not be playable because his trophy can be obtainable via Trophy Stands". That is a pretty terrible argument...Or, "ROB64 was...!". This thread has nothing to do with the 35 character roster rumor, it is simply about ROB, a character mentioned in that rumor.

Lantz

Smash Apprentice
I'm a closet R.O.B (Nes accessory one). He'd be pretty ****ing awesome to play as.

freetyme

Smash Cadet
Perhaps, that mock-up on the Gametrailers video is by far the most realistic I've seen. The only thing is Ashley and Dark Samus that seem fishy to me on it--but they've surprised us before. Interestingly this character selection screen includes ROB and has 35 characters. You can see it here: (I'm sure I'm not the first one to post this)

Kotaku article: http://kotaku.com/348940/ssbb-select-screen-reveals-new-challengers'

Gametrailers Video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29966.html
(around 13 seconds in)
ROB being a villian doesn't disqualify him automatically does it? I may very well be wrong but Bowser was the "boss" in the adventure mode. Of course ROB could also be seen in the same light as the Fighting Alloy/ Wireframe/ polygon teams in that those kind of enemies are very unlikely as playable.

We should all find ot in a few days I suppose.

Z1Pp

Smash Rookie
I know Wind Waker Link is a bit cartoony on the game; don't you think that they would make him not look as cartoony. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't he look like they just photo shopped a picture of him from the game.

Z1Pp

Smash Rookie
I know Wind Waker Link is a bit cartoony on the game; don't you think that they would make him not look as cartoony. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't he look like they just photo shopped a picture of him from the game.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
The artwork is taken from previous games for one, Ashley is confirmed to be in the background of the Wario Stage, and that has been PROVEN fake.

Top Bottom