• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is why you MUST tech Megaman on knockdown

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
how do you get your opponents to not tech? it never works for me...

...cri

Kronos2560

Smash Apprentice
how do you get your opponents to not tech? it never works for me...

...cri
SilentSpectre rarely misses a tech. I think he got caught off guard when he air dodged into the floor, and got hit so quickly by the metal blade.

I was in disbelief when I saw him getting juggled by my lemons.

demonickirby

Smash Rookie
See I KNOW that this strat exists. But I've pulled it off, once? Because they either never miss the tech, or if they do im in disbelief and just hit them with a tornado spin to ensure I get off some easy quick damage. I really just need to work on going into manual mode, and forcing myself to try this next time they miss the tech.

Mega Majikku

Smash Rookie
My GOODNESS that was amazing. I can see what you mean. In the meantime though, I'm going to see if I can pull that off.

Kronos2560

Smash Apprentice
My GOODNESS that was amazing. I can see what you mean. In the meantime though, I'm going to see if I can pull that off.
It's actually easier than you think. I net so many kills with this SETUP as a whole.

It has many scenarios in which there are more kill opportunities than not.

Read below...

Metal Blade hits!
Not Safe/Kill:
1. No tech, jab lock into kill.
2. Neutral tech, shoryuken punish.
3. Falling attack, shield into shoryuken punish.

Potentially unsafe:
1. Tech roll into Megaman or corner, shoryuken punish.
2. Tech roll read, usmash or throw punish.

Usually safe:
1. Jump out of hit stun, higher percents only.
2. Tech roll into open space, usually safe.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
What was that little wavelanding thing he was doing? Dash->jump cancel glide toss?

Drippy

Smash Ace
Just finished watching this set and that was amazing. Definitely going to examine some more of your games!

Top Bottom