• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is why I hate Melee physics...

P:M Lucas?

• Total voters

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
I can't play Lucas. The guy's my Brawl main, but I'll go to Roy or even Mario before testing out my main man, he feels WAY too floaty for me.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Before I started playing Lucas in PM, he was my main in brawl. When this happened, I found myself incapable of playing both Lucas interations, I thought I had no choice but to play just one of them.

Nowadays, I can play both of them without any problem, the only thing I really needeed was time and practice, maybe you're needing it too.

Last edited:

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
Nowadays, I can play both of them without any problem, the only thing I really needeed was time and practice, maybe you're needing it too.
For me, I'm thinking it's a few things. One, the fact that I play Brawl on my Wii U where I have everything and PM on my Wii, with GC controllers. This is because I got Brawl very late, the day I got my Wii U (Christmas 2012) to be exact, and I play Lucas with a Wiimote and Nunchuck. Second, I've got severely different playstyles from game to game. SSB64, I mained Kirby and Jiggs, floaty approach. Melee I took a liking to Zelda, Samus, and a bit of Roy, so more of a magic game with a little interaction. Brawl, Lucas, Lucario, and Ike, so I kept the campy approach and added a heavy hitter, and in PM I've got Roy, Fox, and Mario, because they feel great with the GC controller. I just think it's that his new moves don't mesh with my PM style and that he feels weird on the controller I use.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
For me, I'm thinking it's a few things. One, the fact that I play Brawl on my Wii U where I have everything and PM on my Wii, with GC controllers. This is because I got Brawl very late, the day I got my Wii U (Christmas 2012) to be exact, and I play Lucas with a Wiimote and Nunchuck. Second, I've got severely different playstyles from game to game. SSB64, I mained Kirby and Jiggs, floaty approach. Melee I took a liking to Zelda, Samus, and a bit of Roy, so more of a magic game with a little interaction. Brawl, Lucas, Lucario, and Ike, so I kept the campy approach and added a heavy hitter, and in PM I've got Roy, Fox, and Mario, because they feel great with the GC controller. I just think it's that his new moves don't mesh with my PM style and that he feels weird on the controller I use.
If you don't like Lucas' playstyle in PM, just don't force yourself into learning it. There's no need to feel sorry just because a character you like isn't pleasing you in terms of moves and physics.

Or maybe your problem is that you're so used to playing Lucas with nunchuck that you can't play him with a GCC.
I suggest you test PM Lucas with nunchuck to see if it pleases you.

Last edited:

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
If you don't like Lucas' playstyle in PM, just don't force yourself into learning it. There's no need to feel sorry just because a character you like isn't pleasing you in terms of moves and physics.

Or maybe your problem is that you're so used to playing Lucas with nunchuck that you can't play him with a GCC.
I suggest you test PM Lucas with nunchuck to see if it pleases you.
Hah, thanks. I'm trying to force myself into him, because I need to avenge him. I'm gonna try him with the nunchuck and transfer to GC over time, because I don't wanna be seen as a competitive noob.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Generally it's not a good idea to use a character in multiple Smash titles. Most good players change characters with a new release. Justin Wong doesn't main Chun Li in Street Fighter 4, for example, nor does Daigo main Ken. This is standard and positive.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
There are, of course, exceptions to that rule. As an extreme example, Silly Kyle of Tuscon, AZ won in all 3 games with Peach at a Melee, Pm, and Brawl regional tournament in AZ earlier this year. Even at our most stacked regionals he often comes close to doing this. It is worth pointing out that peach is one character who isn't -too- terribly different between iterations.

Top Bottom