• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is kinda cool...

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
Awesome *-* is there still lag after the hurtbox is cancelled at that edge of the rock though? I.e. can you do this, then double jump out of it before landing on that girder thing, or do you have lag still in the air until you land on it and slide along?

Seems pretty finicky with regards to the angle and positioning you need, but hopefully I can get it down pretty consistently after practicing for a while. Do you think this is just a very particular oddity of that stage right there, or are there maybe other places with uneven terrain/edges where this kind of cancel can be done?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
I dont know of any other places where this works.

Also, its not the hard to do once you know the positioning. And no, you cannot act until you are landed on the last platform...before that you are considered in specialfall and cannot act. I'm gonna check and see for fun if this weird slide has any YYG interactions....later

vrud

Smash Apprentice
Obviously, if there are any up-b developments to be made it would be you to make em lol I have found something cool aswell as soon as i figure out how to connect this damned dazzle into my comp and record things ill post it as well. Cool find I will practice and unleash this! :p

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
No. But I have "found" other things that were discovered already lol. Just saddening is all. Oh well, I just have to be better as Ness. If I play enough, I am BOUND to find something right? XD

Couth

Smash Rookie
No. But I have "found" other things that were discovered already lol. Just saddening is all. Oh well, I just have to be better as Ness. If I play enough, I am BOUND to find something right? XD
You are more than bound to. You are EARTHBOUND to! That's my time folks, I'll be here all week. Shirts in the back don't forget to tip your waitress!

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I thought about making that joke, but I didn't want to cause that kind of hurt to the world. At the same time, I had a guilty pleasure that someone else thought of that.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Does anyone else find it kind of depressing that the only new Ness technology being discovered recently are extremely situational techniques that are easy to punish, easy to dodge, and/or can only be executed on Pokemon Stadium or some other illegal stage? Where are my guaranteed combos or tech chases!? ;_;

Last edited:

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
If non-situational, useful tech existed that wasn't situational, it would have already been discovered most likely. Unless someone finds the super yyg (trollface.jpg) then this kind of stuff is about all we can hope for, imo xD

Ness' combo potential is pretty skimpy, so it's pretty much all fleshed out, unless some weird other glitch is found which is veryyy unlikely. Imo the few things that can be refined or that we could try to further mess with are effective use of Ness' DJC to ledge-cancel aerials and PK fires very consistently and often (without the telegraphed setups like WD back from opposite side of platform > LC PK-Fire), or more janky/hard-read YYG setups and combos...but idk if that's all super worth it compared to just getting better, playing more solid with Ness (similarly to how hbox plays with Ness) necessarily...

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
I'm planning on researching specific combos with frame data and percents for every top-tier character. I'll post my findings.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
In most cases, if you are trying to get better then looking for new things isn't the right way to go about it. Just try to get better at doing the things we already know about and get better at knowing when and why you are using them.

More on this topic: I have good news and bad news! GOOD NEWS: I have replicated this effect from the video in TWO NEW LOCATIONS!

BAD NEWS: ...
both locations are on Brinstar Depths.

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
There are different strengths of that jacket? Didn't know that .-. how do you get each one, and ensure you get the strong one, when you activate it normally (snap to ledge or floorblast)?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Pkt2 has two hitboxes. Just check the frame data.

Was the d-smash yyg ever discovered? I remember somebody posting how to do it involving edgeguarding Marth. Does that actually work or am I just being crazy and misremembering something?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Yea I thought so. Is it only during a specific frame? I think you just have to hit somebody while you are charging the d-smash and then get hit out of the d-smash while still charging it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom