• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS This is just annoying.

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
I've been playing nothing but Classic, Smash Run, and Trophy Rush ALL DAY and I can't get a single god damn Mii outfit. Why the hell are they so rare!? All I ever get from those damn Wrench things is custom moves for other fighters, or stat boosting gear. There's no shop or anything for these outfits?

That was a bad move Sakurai.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I have the same problem. I'm STILL trying to unlock three Mii Outfits to complete one of the challenges but can't get a single one yet.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
I don't find them very rare. What difficulty are you playing at?

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
That's strange, I've been getting Mii Outfits at decent intervals. Both Classic and Smash run seem to give me a hat of some kind every single time and about one out of three nets me an outfit (Now that I have more outfits I am getting some repeats but that's to be expected.) I do play classic on at least 5.0 every time.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
I play Classic intensity 6-7 and I got my third costume today. I have more trouble acquiring custom specials than anything, even with using home to make sure I land on red.

Khao

Smash Lord
Are you taking the red paths? There's usually more wrenches on those, I've even gotten some x4 and x5 wrenches when sticking to red.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mii outfits aren't necessarily rare. You can always play Smash Run to farm for them. Likewise, playing Classic Mode on a higher intensity level could raise your odds of getting the outfits.

tttt

Smash Cadet
I'm having a pretty hard time finding any. I got 1 outfit but I'll keep trying.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Weird. I got RNG lucky and got all the outfits in just a few hours mostly playing Classic on 8+

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Try doing some Challenges, they can net you some really cool Plate Armor and 2-3 other things.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Yeah, they are pretty rare, but mostly the game's RNG is just fickle. Like it took me forever to get my first Mii outfit, long enough that I wasted a Golden Hammer brute-forcing my way through the "get 3 Mii outfits" challenge, but since then I've gotten several. Including, at one point, two outfits in a single Classic Mode run (Intensity 5.3, all green paths).

What's more annoying is that the outfits, hats, and custom moves you get from the challenges are all part of the random drop rotation. Not long after clearing the "Win 3 Smash battles as Luigi" challenge and getting the Luigi's Cap, I got another one as a Classic Mode drop.

And the RNG hates my guts sometimes. I got two copies of Charizard's Fire Fang in the same run. And I have two Super Brawn Badges with +23 Attack, -11 Defence.

Raijinken

Smash Master
A friend of mine had the same issue. I lucked out and got the notice saying I'd unlocked every single one within two days. It's just luck, you'll get 'em eventually.

Though for what it's worth, I found Classic on high difficulty was the fastest way to get those, since you can get upwards of 3 customs per fight if you land the spinner (which really isn't hard to time even without abusing the Home button. It goes a lot slower and more reliably than a lot of other games, and stops instantly on press instead of delaying).

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
I'm so mad at this. So very mad that a game I got pretty much to play with other people is forcing me to do complete piece of **** not fun SINGLE PLAYER modes to unlock any hope of playing with the custom sets. It's god damn Mario Kart 8 all over again.

I do not want to play your terrible single player modes.
I do not want to be at the mercy of a damn random number generator.
SSB4 is bad and you should feel bad, Nintendo.

I am on the verge of GameStop trading this garbage just because I don't want to do these single player modes for unlocks.

Freakin' brawl 2.0 now with stupid carnival game...

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
I've been playing nothing but Classic, Smash Run, and Trophy Rush ALL DAY and I can't get a single god damn Mii outfit. Why the hell are they so rare!? All I ever get from those damn Wrench things is custom moves for other fighters, or stat boosting gear. There's no shop or anything for these outfits?

That was a bad move Sakurai.
Dude, want to trade consoles? Mine loves to give me Mii costumes.

Last edited:

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
My peeve isn't that they're rare, it's that the game keeps giving you things you already collected.

"Finally, another Mii outfi- Mecha Suit AGAIN?! At this rate I can make my own Gundam army!"

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
My peeve isn't that they're rare, it's that the game keeps giving you things you already collected.

"Finally, another Mii outfi- Mecha Suit AGAIN?! At this rate I can make my own Gundam army!"
For me it's more like

"Oh look...3 more Super Brawn badges"

Last edited:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Are you taking the red paths? There's usually more wrenches on those, I've even gotten some x4 and x5 wrenches when sticking to red.
Is this actually how it works? I just take the path with the most coins...

I still haven't found any besides the default ones; I've been playing a lot of Smash Run and Classic at 6.0. I haven't tried the "home menu" trick on the prize roulette yet, but every time I do land on the wrench it's equipment anyway.

The "get three costumes" challenge is only on the second screen and is adjacent to easier challenges which makes me think there must be some easy way to get them that I haven't thought of. Can they be found in Trophy Rush?

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I've had no problem getting them, no matter what I'm playing. Must just be really jerk RNG.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It took me a bit as well to complete that challenge, but after trying to collect all of Toon Link and Ness's custom moves they came along then. It's pretty random and more based on luck I suppose. After that they started to come more often though.....

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I'm so mad at this. So very mad that a game I got pretty much to play with other people is forcing me to do complete piece of **** not fun SINGLE PLAYER modes to unlock any hope of playing with the custom sets. It's god damn Mario Kart 8 all over again.

I do not want to play your terrible single player modes.
I do not want to be at the mercy of a damn random number generator.
SSB4 is bad and you should feel bad, Nintendo.

I am on the verge of GameStop trading this garbage just because I don't want to do these single player modes for unlocks.

Freakin' brawl 2.0 now with stupid carnival game...
Calling it right now, flame war about to start. :laugh:
Anyway... Trying to do the whole 'Get Mii Hats then maybe outfits will start showing' thing... So far, nothing.
Edit: FINALLY GOT SOME MII OUTFITS! Don't know how, but I'm just glad.

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
The only positive thing that I can say about getting the same drops is that if you use a continue then you sacrifice the latest drops you get. So lets say you get the same move twice, once early in your run and again near the end -lets say Classic Mode- then you lose one but still retain it unless you keep using continues.

That aside its a pain to get all the custom moves because you get other character's random moves by accident. :/

Top Bottom