• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This Helps with Slingshotting Short Opponents...

MadCanard

Smash Apprentice
This probably isn't a big deal for the more advanced players, but I found a little trick that helps me get fair and bair as close to the ground as possible.

I always had problems getting my fairs and bairs close to the ground against short opponents. I couldn't short hop/fast fall/fair or bair fast enough to make it all work, but check this out.

You can't fast fall till you reach the apex of your jump so holding down on the control stick while you're ascending has no effect on the jump. Short hop and hold down on the control stick as you're rising. Then when you reach the apex (or while descending) you hit the c-stick, in any direction, and you will do that attack AND fast fall. Just a flick of the c-stick does a fast falling attack.

The timing for bair is right at the top of the jump. Perfectly placed low slingshots every time.

The timing for fair is just slightly after the top of the jump.

Works with the turnips too.

This C-Stick Fast Fall should work with every character. I tested it on a few and they all worked.

Last edited:

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
Very nice. Now have I to start using the c-stick in the air. Thanks for the tip.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Very many people will learn that Villager's almighty slingshot is the most powerful weapon in Smash!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I just run off the stage and jump back with slingshot.

But for those that cant get FFfairs and bairs in very well, this is good.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's how ya do it. I think the timing is different between bair and fair though. And some opponents are really hard to hit. That, and if you want to use bair, for whatever reason, I think it has a lot more landing lag, so be careful. Some opponents are fast enough to rush in and punish.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Well bair does do more damage, so there's that.

Top Bottom