• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This game needs more love

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4shD4nce

Smash Rookie
I believe that if it comes to something like APEX, we should have mods, but modes like more stages or a new character or maybe even a game like Project M 64 but what do YOU think?

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
How is changing the way a game works showing more love? To me it looks more like it's not being appreciated enough.

yttik

maybe battlefield and final d, but nothing else. even if those stages were to be added not everyone would have access to them. 64 is fine as it is, though i'd like to see some sort of patch to netplay similar to melee in were we get more stages.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I think if I loved this game anymore I would puke fairys and rainbows.

D

Deleted member

I've never loved a game so much in my life. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Segnifs

Smash Cadet
More colors and outfits would be nice to see, i don't think we need more characters. More characters will make this game imbalanced.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The fact this game still is played over 15 years after its release show it still gets plenty of love. Personally, I don't play Smash 64 competitively, only for fun and I don't really think it needs to be modded. It is a fine game and while not my favorite Smash, I'd still put it over Melee. The only interesting thing Nintendo could do is re-release it with online support added, I think.

If anything, it is Brawl that game that needs more love. It is a fine game that got a bad reputation because Melee fans refused to move on, among other things.

Last edited:

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
If anything, it is Brawl that game that needs more love. It is a fine game that got a bad reputation because Melee fans refused to move on, among other things.
That's not going to be a very popular opinion on these forums. Sakurai intentionally removed a large majority of techs that made Melee and 64 so fast and fluid. I could personally not finish watching a single brawl match on stream, ever. It's way too campy, and timing out your opponent occurs too often for me to enjoy it at all. I'm not going to debate which one is better, but the majority of smash players didn't "refuse to move on"; they simply don't like the play style that comes along with competitive Brawl.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Please don't digress by introducing that subject. It is both offtopic and subject to unnecessary flamewar.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
Smash64 and melee ruined all other fighting games for me, i coudn't love them more!

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
The only changes needed are enabling stages like Battlefield and FD and Metal Cave from single player for competition really that'd be neat.

And enabling Metal Mario would be interesting.

Also it all might split the community between purists and mod players and the 64 people don't need any splitting.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Can't have GS stages in tourny anyways cus unfair advantage to those who can play those stages. Never happening

D

Deleted member

i agree. which is a key reason i have no interest in attending tourneys like apex. there is no 'love' or fun at all, just a bunch of people who only care about winning. which in the big picture, means absolutely nothing. i have and always will, play this game for fun and nothing else.

Shears

Smash Master
i agree. which is a key reason i have no interest in attending tourneys like apex. there is no 'love' or fun at all, just a bunch of people who only care about winning. which in the big picture, means absolutely nothing. i have and always will, play this game for fun and nothing else.
That is so not true about big tournaments

SSBMagy

Smash Cadet
I don't know, I mean banning Hyrule was a big enough change for the game. Adding FD is a horrible idea, characters like, well DK of course would be screwed over. Battlefield wouldn't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom