• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This game has the best stages

Status
Not open for further replies.

anikom15

Smash Apprentice
64 - Simple stages that use Geometry for uniqueness. Each stage has a unique shape and fits together well. Some stages like Dreamland work for 1v1, and others are good for FFAs like Sector Z (Great Fox is actual size!) and then others work for both like Hyrule Castle (the best stage ever, IMO).

Melee - The best stages are either boring DL clones (Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, FoD) or rehashes of 64 stages, like Brinstar. Too many stages have tall walls that get in the way, or get cramped with not enough space to maneuver. Some stages are just bad, IMO, like Yoshi's Island and Mushroom Kingdom.

Brawl - Honestly more creative than Melee. Some stages like Frigate Orpheon are awesome, but too many GIANT stages and stages with BS hazards.

Smash 4 - Has a lot of really awesome stages that would likely be tournament legal except they have rally unfair hazards. At least it has a good selection of past stages.

Thoughts?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I agree with the fact that Hyrule is potentially the best stage ever.

Then again you didn't mention Saffron or Peach's.

7.5/10

too much water

anikom15

Smash Apprentice
I tried to be succinct, but yes Peach's is great. Not so hot about Saffron, but it's better (and more balanced) than Melee's Fourside.

Madao

Idk about best, but I do think 64 has some good stages. Would have been cool is BF and FD were available without needing gameshark codes.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
I liked all of the stages except for Hyrule. I think the left side of the stage is okay, but I hate that freaking tent with a passion. Partially because it looks out of place to me for some reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom