• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This forum needs to be productive. Now.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
We need to actually talk how to develop our character. Mods (of this forum, I have no power here) should delete threads that aren't useful, related to the character's position for example. Let's have productive talks. Stages, match ups, player talks, video stuff, frame data, strategies, where's the good stuff? I check threads, but don't see how a new player, or even an advanced one can progressively learn new things or discuss tournament related thing with other Diddy Kong mains.

Diddy Kong IS MUCH more than just 'Grab' at top level, and you will learn that quicker than you think. I'm telling you.

We need to clean these forums up, and mimic what other forums do, like the Sheik one's who do a great job.

Last edited:

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
I've said that months ago in a post somewhere in here. Also if you check the metagame competitive thread you'll see discussion on improving Diddy Kong.

I also made a Skype group.

Last edited:

Zinfu

Smash Rookie
Yes, there is information you just have to dig for it like crazy. There is no real organization. The match-up thread was started and then you have to search through a lot of irrelevant posts to find anything actually relevant to the match-up. The information should be taken from the replies and then added in an organized fashion to the original post. This way it is easy to access for all.

Where is Diddy's frame data and talks about his set-ups? Somewhere in the competitive thread, enjoy looking through the 7 pages that are currently there and maybe someone has answered it. I try to answer as many questions as I can with legitimate responses since apparently the only answer given to any question is apparently grab, down throw, up-air or grab, down throw, any aerial. There is no development at all because everyone just thinks all you need is grab. I enjoy punishing people who spam Diddy's grab, however if it is used as a mix-up option then the grab becomes even more potent as you will catch them with a higher percentage of the grabs you throw out. I hate to see nothing advance as far as Diddy ATs. He still has a lot of untapped potential however now one seems to care.

Heart of Ice

Smash Cadet
Do you guys have a plan to fix this? Or are we just going to complain? I think we could probably extract all of the useful posts in this forum, and compile them into one organized stickied thread.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
How would you like me to facilitate info?

I feel like I have the "important" threads stickied, but if there's something missing I am always listening and watching lol

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman

I feel like I have the "important" threads stickied, but if there's something missing I am always listening and watching lol
I think it's just that we need the important information in one place - rather than spread throughout a thread. I'd do it, but I feel like I'm not the right person for the job - having just started getting into competitive Sm4sh.

InBOUNDHD

Smash Cadet
The video thread seems to have some useful information, although it could use some more in depth videos about the character liker Jtail's videos

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
We need a thread for AT's and banana skills. Idk how many of you were brawl diddy mains (assuming most people here are riding the bandwagon), but a lot of brawl banana techs can be done in this game as well + more. one of them's kinda broke tho so i'm reluctant to share it lol

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
We need a thread for AT's and banana skills. Idk how many of you were brawl diddy mains (assuming most people here are riding the bandwagon), but a lot of brawl banana techs can be done in this game as well + more. one of them's kinda broke tho so i'm reluctant to share it lol
If it helps whoever wants to do this can copy the Kongpendium for ATs that are still in Smash 4 from Brawl.

I would have immediately offered make a Kongpendium for Smash 4 but I'm not caught up well enough yet to know what all to put in it (or to have any idea where things are located in this board due to the clutter this thread is about).

InBOUNDHD

Smash Cadet
I thought you couldn't do glide tossing anymore (but JCT is still possible) which is imo kind of sad to see :(

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
I've said that months ago in a post somewhere in here. Also if you check the metagame competitive thread you'll see discussion on improving Diddy Kong.

I also made a Skype group.
Could you add me to the group possibly? My skype is 'razorzxz', or I can add yours.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
If I may make a suggestion, creating a Table of Contents for the character board would be a good idea. In the case of the Marth Boards, it is titled "Marth's Competitive Resource Thread". In essence, I went through posts and threads that I thought would benefit the competitive aspects of the character. I highlight threads such as both competitive guides we have for Marth done by EternalFlame and Emblem Lord, as well as frame data, threads regarding trap scenarios and true combos etc. I still have a lot of work to do on my end but it's a great start to having resources organized and accessible.

Last edited:

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
Diddy Kong IS MUCH more than just 'Grab' at top level, and you will learn that quicker than you think. I'm telling you.
I'm just going to reference this from now on whenever people call me out on defending the character by explaining how people have poor understanding of high level play.

Now that there's some actual stifling of the complainers and other high level players are showing their heads here again, I'm far more inclined to start contributing in big ways.

Last edited:

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Evo is coming up and other tourneys are moving towards customs. We have to look into them, particularly Battering Banana Peel.

Let's talk about them here. What're our best sets aside from 1111? Are these sets worth using? Are they matchup dependent?

@Jtails @ Player-1 Player-1 @Mew2King @The calm tyrant... @Xzax Kasrani @AeroLink_the_SoulMaster @Denti @Zinoto @Vinnie @ LiL.Will LiL.Will @ Dissent Dissent

Edit: For the record, we're looking to have 10 custom sets locked in by mid march for Ampharos's custom moveset project which will be used at Evo. Even if we won't use them we should have options.

Last edited:

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
I want to do a guide for begginer diddys but i think i don't have enough knowledge, i can do it anyways and make it better with everyone's inputs.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman

So I have a question:

1) Is it possible to delete clearly incendiary threads rather than locking them? Given the slower nature of this sub forum, some of the most annoying topics stick around the top for too long.

2) Can we unstick the "Whining/Defense" thread? I feel it sets the wrong tone for our board, and it being at the top gives visitors the impression that this sub-forum exists to field their complaints. Which it doesn't. This is a place primarily for Diddy mains and to discuss his techniques and meta.

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I think generally as a practice mods tend to not delete threads unless it meets certain critieria - advertising spam, egregious personal attacks, or decency violations being the common ones off the top of my head. However, I've been actually thinking about some of the issues you bring up, and if this is an agreed upon sentiment by the entire board (since I don't want this place to be alienating) I'll take it to upper staff.

That being said, Diddy has the unfortunate role in the metagame of being fairly polarizing to people, and I guess I have faith in people getting back to being reasonable like the good old days of smashboards. I tend to think that if I start deleting the "diddy complaints" it'll be taking as some sort of illuminati censorship conspiracy theory and would only further incite the flames.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I think generally as a practice mods tend to not delete threads unless it meets certain critieria - advertising spam, egregious personal attacks, or decency violations being the common ones off the top of my head. However, I've been actually thinking about some of the issues you bring up, and if this is an agreed upon sentiment by the entire board (since I don't want this place to be alienating) I'll take it to upper staff.

That being said, Diddy has the unfortunate role in the metagame of being fairly polarizing to people, and I guess I have faith in people getting back to being reasonable like the good old days of smashboards. I tend to think that if I start deleting the "diddy complaints" it'll be taking as some sort of illuminati censorship conspiracy theory and would only further incite the flames.
Don't delete them, just merge them into one thread where everyone can complain about Diddy while the Diddy mains avoid it like the plague. :B

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738

From one mod to another, I will say right away it's just better to delete those threads. Even better, this board has a complaint thread, which should be utilitzed to keep the board clean. Once I started locking and merging threads on the Mario boards, it got much more active and productive.

I understand the fear (with great power comes great responsibility). However, keep in mind threads that are of similar topic to an already existing thread are encouraged to be locked or merged without any issues.

Swanky_

Smash Cadet
I think we can start with the match-up thread compiling some info up front, instead of digging for the info only.

Top Bottom