• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This forum is dead. :( Lets share our memories!

Laijin

Smash Hero
Yeep. And when Brawl comes out..
Thats pretty much the end of the Young Link forum completely :(

So lets reminisce of old, re memorable times. I'll name a few to get things started:

-Remember when everyone looked at Jash as being a complete n00b? Yea..I do. And in the end, Jash is cool.

- Remember when Buzz, Wak and Hero Sublime were gods to us? lol

-Remember when Caveman was the YL player everyone looked up to? lol

-How bout that time everyone got into an argument about YL vs. Falco? laawlz. funny.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I remember when I first watched cavemans combo vid.

I was inspired

THANK YOU CAVEMAN

Laijin

Smash Hero
I remember when i gave advice back in 2006, and everyone was making fun of me like i didn't know what i was talking about.

lol. I think I even said something like:
Jash: "Young Link has hidden potential in his physical attacks
Laijin: "laawlz. YL sucks without his projectiles"
Jash: "No. YL can do just great without relying on projectiles"
Laijin: "laawlz. n00b. YL sucks without his projectiles"

lol. Our Young Link styles are completely opposite from one another. Even though I have adapted some of your playstyle into mine since its pretty effective too(and you have told me you have done the same with mine. Lai Fire attack is cool? lol).

Jash

Smash Lord
lol. I think I even said something like:
Jash: "Young Link has hidden potential in his physical attacks
Laijin: "laawlz. YL sucks without his projectiles"
Jash: "No. YL can do just great without relying on projectiles"
Laijin: "laawlz. n00b. YL sucks without his projectiles"

lol. Our Young Link styles are completely opposite from one another. Even though I have adapted some of your playstyle into mine since its pretty effective too(and you have told me you have done the same with mine. Lai Fire attack is cool? lol).
Well i just used some more projectiles from your style. lolz.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I remember watch Wak's lollerific combo vids and say OMG Y.LINK G0T TEH G0D TIRE, then I watch chip being alive and then played melee by myslef for like 4 hours as young link

EDIT: I play young link exclusivlely know. thanks guys

Jash

Smash Lord
I remember back in the day, when Kanzaki and Aesir and other people use to post here, they use to flame me for no reason. I think it was because i stated that i beat Pro players and they didn't believe me. Man....when i think about it.....ive grown a lot from this past year. I was known for being the Young Link who thought he was better then everyone else. There was a lot of Young Link users who said nice things about my Young Link, and there were people who thought i was a phony. I remember i use to say stuff like "wait till i go to a big tournament so i can show u how good i am!" and everyone was like "ahahahahaha n00b, you suk". Yea...07 was an interesting year for me, im glad i stood with Young Link till the end. It made me a more respected player and it gave me a chance to show the world how good Young Link can be. You live and you learn....its crazy how a game can do that to ya.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I remember when I would see Laijin videos, and I would get mad because I thought he was spamming too much and not putting it to good use...later when I wasn't a scrub I watched again and realized how effective the spam actually was. lol

There's one match that still irks me...Peach was at like 150% and you just...kept...spamming her! I was like T__T why won't he kill the b*tch lol

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I remember when I would see Laijin videos, and I would get mad because I thought he was spamming too much and not putting it to good use...later when I wasn't a scrub I watched again and realized how effective the spam actually was. lol
it isnt that effective tbh

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
XD

Maybe I shouldn't have used "effective", I couldn't think of a better word.

But it's good at distracting the opponent and pisses people off.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Yea it is effective. lol. Its the quickest way to rack up damage combining it with physical attacks, making YL the best character next to Ganondorf and Peach(because of d-smash) able to rack up damage the fastest.
And I suck against Peach pretty hard. :[ lol

Jash

Smash Lord
Having playing Pc Chris a bunch of times, i have come to a conclusion. The only 2 characters that REALLY are bad for Young Link are Fox and Falco. That guy just totally eats your shield raw x.x

Skyson

Smash Ace
Spin attacking off the edge then watching Young Link grab the edge and not kill himself. Watching that for the first time was good stuff. Then I watched good YL players and was like "ok wow the bombs aren't too bad" because I used to spam arrows. >_>

Laijin

Smash Hero
Having playing Pc Chris a bunch of times, i have come to a conclusion. The only 2 characters that REALLY are bad for Young Link are Fox and Falco. That guy just totally eats your shield raw x.x
Yea. Fox and Falco. are ******** to fight. I played against DaShizWiz in a money match against his Fox and I literally could'nt even attack him because his Fox was just retardly fast. His Falco, although really good, I was actually able to almost beat. :[ Falco is beatable with YL(Mainly because SHL leaves them vulnerable to bombs and boomerangs. And they are easy to kill). But Fox is retardely ****** to fight. lol.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
falco gets gimped off stage too easily haha

Jash

Smash Lord
The thing is about Falco is that his Dair is ********. It completely eats your Nair :confused: makes no sense. Thank god for his horrible recovery, gimping him is too simple because of it. Fox..well....the matchup is just annoying to do. Hes too fast yo lolz. I do decent at best in that matchup, but nontheless its hard to get past.

4Eyez

Smash Cadet
The BX! The place where hardcore is beautiful
The thing is about Falco is that his Dair is ********. It completely eats your Nair :confused: makes no sense. Thank god for his horrible recovery, gimping him is too simple because of it. Fox..well....the matchup is just annoying to do. Hes too fast yo lolz. I do decent at best in that matchup, but nontheless its hard to get past.
I was LoLing @ how good you was doing against PC's fox at the last weekly

Adult Link ftw

D20

Smash Lord
Young Link counters Peach.
Unfortunately Vidjogamer and XIF counter Young Link.

TheLake

Smash Master
And zelda counters young link (;

Peach counters zelda...and ugly cycle of love and bombs

Laijin

Smash Hero
Zelda counters YL if you dont know the match up. I used to have problems with it. But now I **** Zeldas. lol.

Peach does not counter Zelda. Zelda counters Peach especially on small stages like Yoshi Story.
Zelda's air priority eats up all of Peach's moves, plus Zelda can stock tank with ease and kill Peach really fast.

TheLake

Smash Master
lol Zelda ***** silly peaches that underestimate zeldas beauty.

But a smart peach spams turnips and can edge guard the hell out of zeldas. Zelda ***** on small stages period...that doesnt mean she counters peach. Zelda has range but peach has projectiles so this makes approaching a pain. The match up in seriousness is actually fairly even with a slight tilt in peaches favor because of edge options. Kind of like marth. If marth or peach play patient zelda is screwed >_<

Jash

Smash Lord
Young Link counters Peach.
Unfortunately Vidjogamer and XIF counter Young Link.
I wish i played XIF, im sure it would of been the most fun i ever had with Peach. I like it when my Peach goes fast instead of going slow :laugh:

No
No he does not.
Yes he does you poopy face, if Vidjo had to counter pick a character with Marth and go to Yoshi story after the first match in tournament against a Young Link main then theres obviously something wrong....or right :laugh:

Also Zelda can be a bit hard for Young Link. Her kicks are too powerful and the matchup is just annoying IMO. I fight NinjaLinks Zelda (who is most likely the best Zelda in NYC) and its tough because when he catches me with a kick, its like....im ganna die at 70% or more....or LESS. :dizzy: Fighting a good Zelda can get on Young Links nerves.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Any of you sexy ylink mains mastered toon link yet?

i havent even played the **** game yet

Top Bottom