• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This Combo gets me Everytime!

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Dair into Fair

I know I sound like a scrub here and I know all of you are saying "JUST DI OUT OF IT!!" but honestly Dair just gets me every single time thus once I get hit by the Dair, it basically guarantees a Fair. My friend loves short hop aerialing with falcon and then he just mindlessly throws out Dairs until I get hit by one and boom dead. Just enlighten me a bit guys.

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
The stomp hitbox comes out on frame 16. If he really is just mindlessly throwing them out and you can tell when he's about to do it, you can stuff his approach before he even gets the hitbox out.

Teching his dair when it hits you also at least puts you into a techchase situation instead of a 'guaranteed fair'.

Styro

Smash Rookie
DIing Falcon's Dair is probably not the easiest/best thing to do. With high percent he should still be able to get the Fair follow up even if you DI. Like Manaconda said you can just jump up in the air and hit him before he can get his Dair out. As Ness I feel this is a great option especially with Fair. The good thing about challenging him in the air is that he won't get the fair follow up if he does hit you. Another option is to just shield it. The only thing you need to be careful about shielding is that he can L-cancel his Dair and follow up with a gentleman and that should be safe on shield and you won't be able to shield grab. However, if he's not doing that you should just shield and get the grab.

Lil Bucket Hat

Smash Apprentice
I thought the other thread was bad, but there's no way there are people out there who actually call "knee" a fair, Maybe I've just been awake for too long, cause wtf is that about, bruh? Stomp knee not dair fair like were some kind of animals

Last edited:
Top Bottom